Whether you have the voice of an angel or play like a concert pianist, we invite students from across primary and secondary to showcase their talents and audition for our ensemble. Our Global Orchestra will consist of a choir, soloists and instrumental ensembles who will join together at our Nord Anglia Education school in New York this June for an exclusive week long residential programme culminating in a public performance to celebrate their musical accomplishments. Students will participate in inspiring workshops and practice sessions guided by experts, watch performances by elite artists and be immersed in the city’s arts culture to nurture their talent. Students will also develop their creativity, confidence and collaboration skills as they work with and learn from each other.
Auditions for both primary and secondary students will take place in our 31 schools around the world in March. The five top performers from each school will share a recorded audition with a global judging panel who will select three young musicians and singers from each school to join our 93 student international ensemble. This exciting opportunity is being funded by Nord Anglia Education as part of their commitment to helping students develop the skills and talents to be the best they can be.
If you would like to audition to be part of this exciting experience then please return the reply slip on the letter that is going home tomorrow by Monday 9th March.
An audition panel from the music department will then audition all the applicants on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th March from which they will select five successful candidates.
Audition pieces should be no more than three minutes long. The parents of the five successful candidates will be informed on Thursday 19th March, and the judges’ decision will be final.
The final three musical ambassadors will be announced on Monday 20th April.
This exciting opportunity is being fully funded by Nord Anglia Education as part of their commitment to helping students develop the skills and talents they need to be the best they can be.
In order to be eligible for this event, students should be:
- available to attend the full summer school in New York (23 June – 1 July 2015)
- instrumentalists, pianists or vocalists of a high standard
- confident to travel to New York as ambassadors for their school
- responsible members of their school community, playing an active role in the music department
- able to collaborate with other students and adults as well as respond and adapt to feedback
- respectful of the different people they meet and the environments they encounter
- able to demonstrate their commitment to the event through meeting deadlines and fulfilling rehearsal requirements
- enrolled in a Nord Anglia Education school for the 2015-16 academic year (except eligible students currently in Y13)
- students currently in Year 4 - 13
If you have any further questions regarding the audition process, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.