Information and Reminders.
All students are asked to wear winter uniforms beginning Monday 7th November. If you need any additional uniform items, they are available now in our uniform shop.
On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E clothes, then change back into school uniform.
Due to project week there will be no swimming in Year 2 next week, Children need their normal PE kit instead.
Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November - No CCAs
Thursday 3rd November – UK Space Agency Lecture 6pm-7pm – Primary students and Parents welcome
Saturday 5th November – Bonfire night
Wednesday 9th November – Primary workshop and coffee morning
Friday 11th November and Monday 14th November – School closed due to staff training
Stars of the Week
2A- Esther- For always trying her best.
2B- Philipp- For a great attitude to his work.
2C- Lucas- For using his own ideas for writing sentences.
This week we will continue to read the book ‘Too Many Toys’ by David Shannon.
Our Learning Objectives will include:
- To use commas in a list
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes- story writing
In maths this week our focus will be money- using pounds and pence.
The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Recognise and use the symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p)
- Read and say amounts of money combining the coins 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2
- Count, say and record amounts of money combining the coins 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2
- Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
- Solve practically simple problems involving addition of money
- Solve practically simple problems of money, including giving change
In IPC we will continue to research about toys. This week our focus will be Science.
As Scientists, we will look at the materials toys are made out of and examine their properties.
We will conduct investigations to further develop our understanding of properties of materials.
We look at designing our own toys and looking at how they work.
Next week we are excited to be informing the children that they will be a lecture given by the UK Space Agency on Thursday (6-7pm) on Travelling to Space, this is a great opportunity and hope to see many of you there.