Good luck to our NAIS Tigers U14 C1 Boys and Girls Football teams for their BSL Football Tournaments at Wellington College this Saturday morning. We also wish the best of luck to our NAIS Tiger Sharks Swim team for their Santa Splash Swim Meet at SCIS Pudong this Saturday from 7.00am – 5.30pm.
Important CCA Information for Parents
The Term 1 CCAs will end next week on Saturday 10th December. The CCAs have been well attended and all the students have enjoyed participating in either the sports activities and school teams, drama and the arts, ICT, MUN , debating societies and also attending the paid activities such as lego robotics, Science adventures, yoga, Kung Fu, Tae Kwon do and swimming. The students have now got to think about what CCAs they wish to join next term.
The Term 2 CCAs registration process begins from 2nd December and you can view the CCAs from today. The registration process will open in the morning on Monday 5th December and will finish at midnight on Sunday 11th December. The students will have their term 2 CCA choices confirmed on Thursday 15th December. The second term CCAs will begin on Saturday 14th January and will finish on Sunday 26th March 2017.
NAIS Pudong Tigers Fixture Reports
NAIS Tigers U19 Girls SISAC D2 Basketball Team
This past week has seen the girls D2 Basketball team play really well.
They are now showing that they can work effectively as a unit. Last Friday they had a fixture against Dulwich College which they played well in and had lots of opportunities to score points, but were not on fire with their shooting. The Dulwich College team took their chances and eventually run out victors by 29 – 14.
The girls played their last league game of the season against Wellington College. The first period was a close event between both teams. From the start of the second period the girls took complete control of the game and Annefloor scored an amazing 28 points with the team ran out winners by 40 – 10. A great way to finish the season. They should be in one of the top places in the league and will be attending the SISAC D2 Cup competition at Suzhou Singapore School on Saturday 14th January. Between now and then the girls will train with their coach Miss Sparkes and if prepared properly can have a very successful tournament. Well done, girls.
NAIS Tigers U19 Boys SISAC D1 Basketball Team
This past week the boys have played two very good teams. In both games the boys competed really well, never gave up and were not outplayed. The spirit of the Tigers kept the boys fighting for points and defending really well in both games. Last Friday Dulwich College played really well and were always pressing our boys’ team when in possession. The Dulwich team took their chances really well and ran out winners by 53 – 27. Last Monday the boys played a well drilled SMIC team. The boys began well but after the first period SMIC took full control of the game. Their shooting was good and our boys had as many chances but did not score at the same rate. The game finished with SMIC winning by 67 – 37. The team played with spirit and hopefully will get a result in their last game of the season at SCIS Pudong next week.
NAIS Tigers U19 Girls SISAC D1 Basketball Team
The girls team came up against a good SMIC team. The girls took the game to SMIC and in the first half and were leading into the break. As we entered the last period of the game the girls were leading by 30 – 28. The last five minutes SMIC team took control to run out winners by 39 – 30. The girls should be pleased with their performance and have two games to play next week.
Team Fixtures and training from 2nd – 9th December 2016
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 5.00pm in Sportshall S
- Friday 2nd Dec - NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Girls Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 5.00pm in Sportshall B
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers Sharks Black team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Friday 2nd Dec- NAIS Tigers Boys U19 Youth Team playing BISS Puxi at NAIS Pudong Football field from 7.00pm – 8.45pm in the Shanghai Youth League
- Saturday 3rd Dec- NAIS Tigers U14 Boys and Girls C1 Football Teams playing in the BSL Football Tournament at Wellington College from 8.40am – 12.15pm
- Saturday 3rd Dec - NAIS Tiger Sharks Swim team competing in the Santa Splash Swim Meet. Warm up at 7.00am and the meet begins at 8.00am and should finish at 5.30pm
- Monday 5th Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 5.00pm in Sportshall S
- Monday 5th Dec - NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Girls Basketball team Vs Dulwich College at NAIS Pudong Sportshall B from 4.15 – 5.30pm. The girls can be collected from school at 5.30pm from the schools main gate.
- Tuesday 6th Dec – NAIS Tiger Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Tuesday 6th Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 Boys Shanghai Youth League football team training from 5.00 – 6.30pm
- Wednesday 7th Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys and D1 Girls Basketball Teams Verses SCIS Pudong @ SCIS Pudong from 3.15pm – 6.15pm . The students can be collected from SCIS Pudong or from the school main gate at approximately 6.30pm
- Wednesday 7th Dec – NAIS Tiger Sharks BlackSwim team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Thursday 8th Dec – NAIS Tigers Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Friday 9th Dec -NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 4.20pm in Sportshall S
- Friday 9th Dec - NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Girls Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 4.20pm in Sportshall B
- Friday 9th Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 Girls D2 Basketball team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm in Sportshall B.
- Friday 9th Dec- NAIS Tigers Boys U19 Youth Team playing Dulwich Earthquakes at Concordia International School from 7.00pm – 8.45pm in the Shanghai Youth League
Director of Sport