Information and Reminders
- Thank you very much to those who came to our Inventions That Changed the World exhibition on Tuesday! The children loved sharing their learning with you and we hope you enjoyed hearing about it.
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Please remember there are no CCAs during the last week of term.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- PE changes reminder. Block 4 will continue (5th December – 20th January) 3A will have swimming, 3B will have gymnastics and 3C will have net/wall. Please remember your child’s kit so they can participate. Football students need to bring in trainers as well just in case there is the need to go inside.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
Friday 9th December – CCAs finish today
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning (Reading) – 9am to 10.30am
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Christmas themed STEAM Day
Thursday 15th December – Early Years and Primary Christmas Parties
Friday 16th December - Last day of term (School ends at 12pm)
Monday 9th January – First day of spring term
Sunday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year holiday
Star of the Week
3A – Qiyuen Kong for excellent effort and improvement this term.
3B - Annaleigh Calton for being a fantastic hostess for the Year 3 Inventions Exit Point.
3C – Brian Pun for his consistent positive attitude towards work in class.
Our learning in English next week will take on a festive theme as we continue to write and perform Christmas/ winter festival poems. We will read 'The Snowman' by Raymond Briggs and write poems about the magical journey a little boy takes with his new friend.
We will then watch clips from the video of the book and try to create images in our writing using similes and powerful language.
Our learning in Maths next week will also take on a Christmas theme! We will be revising methods we have learned to calculate all four number operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division - and applying them to real life, Christmas themed problem solving.
We will also revise telling the time and times tables in our mental maths warm up.
As we have now finished our Inventions that Changed the World topic, we will be thinking ahead to next term and sharing with the children what their new Science unit of work will be. It is called 'Shake It!' and will focus on states of matter - solids, liquids and gases. We will explain the theme of the unit to the children and start the knowledge harvest - asking the children what they already know, and what they would like to find out throughout the course of the unit. As teachers, we will then use this to help us plan exciting lessons for the new year. We will also be creating lots of Christmas themed activities for the children to bring home.
In Computing, the children will be recapping how to send emails with the children and checking to see if they can apply this learning to sending an email to Father Christmas! We hope to get some replies! As well as making some videos for you to enjoy. Watch this space!