Information and Reminders
Thank you to all our parents who joined us for our Exit Point on Tuesday, the children really enjoyed sharing their learning with you.
Year 2 Maths Homework - Sumdog assessment - this should be completed in 30mins - please note that once the timer is started it cannot be reset.
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday
Tuesday 8th March - Friday 11th March - Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast tickets are on sale – make sure you get your tickets as they are quickly selling out!
We will continue the book - Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French.
Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To use the present and past tense correctly
- To identify and spell different homophones
- To use conjunctions to extend our sentences
- To consider what we are going to write before beginning by encapsulating what we are going to say sentence by sentence
This week we will be learning measurement through the topic of capacity. We will choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure – litres and millilitres. We will also be choosing the most appropriate measuring vessel.
We will continue our topic ‘People of the Past’. History is one big story, filled with important people who did many great things - scientists, rulers, artist, writers, explorers. By learning about these people and what they did, we can find out more about the qualities that make someone great.
As Historians, we will be:
- Exploring the decisions that rulers had to make in the past
- Finding out about a famous explorer using maps and role play
- Finding out about a famous scientist
- Finding out about important inventors and their inventions