Information and Reminders
- Please remember email is the first route for communication. Teachers check their emails regularly during the day so if you have a message only send it by email.
- A reminder that Year 3 have P.E. lesson 3 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please help them to remember the correct P.E. kit. Year 3A have swimming lessons so please make sure they have their swimming kit. If your child cannot participate then please inform your child’s class teacher. If they are too sick to take part then please make sure they are well enough to be in school.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and to be returned on Mondays. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school.
- Please check your child’s Learning Journal to check that they are wearing the correct school uniform. We are seeing a number of items of clothing being work that are not part of our school uniform
- In the run up to International Week, we are looking for parents and family members to get involved and come in and share something of their home countries and traditions. If you would like to come in and read with your child’s class, cook with them, teach them a song or dance, or just give a talk about where you are from, please get in touch with Ms. Morris
School Holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival) – Thursday 15th & Friday 16th September
International Week – Week beg. 26th September
National Holiday (school closed) – Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October
We will continue reading 'The Iron Man' by Ted Hughes. We will write instructions to put the Iron Man back together, using interesting words. We will learn to extend a range of sentences into compound or complex sentences. We will use sentences from the story to add adverbs or adverbial phrases to explain in more detail. We will focus on speech marks by writing a conversation between two characters, using synonyms for ‘said’ and by using different types of punctuation.
Next week in Maths we will use mental strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems with two and three digit numbers. We will begin to generate our own questions to solve. We will focus on the 3, 4 and 8 times tables to help us complete the treasure hunt, so please revise these with your child. We will become ‘divison detectives’ to calculate number sentences then find the related facts, such as times is the inverse of division.
We will continue to be historians next week. We will look at past inventions and compare present inventions. We will time travel to a place in history that was pre-pens and pre-paper and will be given the opportunity to experiment with writing tools they used. We will look at how people living in earlier times communicated with each other, other than writing. We will create presentations to present to the class about our research of the history of flight.
In Computing, we will learn how to set write and send an email to another person.