Information and Reminders.
If you haven’t already, we would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Parent Satisfaction Survey by following this link: http://parentsurvey.nordanglia.com/survey/selfserve/5a0/160104?wave=y2017
Thank you to everyone who attended the Primary Workshop, we hope you found the information regarding the calculation policy useful.
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning; 9am to 10.30am
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week and School Photos
Week beginning 27th March – ‘Into the Woods’ production – tickets available to purchase now
Friday 31st March – Last day of term
Star of the Week.
2A - Defne - for being a polite and helpful member of the class.
2B - Taferine for great use of adjectives, details and WOW words in her writing.
2C - Iri for excellent questioning skills in English and improving her spellings.
Next week in English we will continue to read the story The Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram. Our Learning Objectives covered will include:
Reading Key Objectives:
- Understand books they listen to by: predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far
- Participate in discussion about books that are read to them taking turns and listening to what others say
Writing Key Objectives:
- Learn how to use sentences with different forms: Statement, question, exclamation, command
- Write capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower-case letters
- Make simple additions, revisions and corrections to their own writing by evaluating their writing with the teacher and other pupils
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify: e.g. the blue butterfly
- Learn how to use subordination and co-ordination and maintain consistent use of tense within individual sentences
- Use commas to separate items in a list and apostrophes to mark where letters are missing in spelling and to mark singular possession in nouns (e.g. the girl’s name)
- Next week in maths we will focus on Capacity. Learning objectives covered will include:
- To use the vocabulary associated with capacity.
- To choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure capacity in litres and ml
- To choose the appropriate equipment (measuring containers) to measure capacity and read scales to the nearest number
- To compare and order capacity and record the results using > , < and =
As Artists we will continue to enhance and develop our art skills by creating artwork based on transportation. We will look at famous paintings by artists such as Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Monet and LS Lowry. Throughout the week will use a variety of materials to create paintings and drawings based on the theme of transport. We will also evaluate our art work thinking about things we like and how they could be improved.