Information and Reminders
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves. Also a reminder for girls that no nail polish is allowed to be worn.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning; 9am to 10.30am
Thursday 16th March – Sarah Brennan, author visit
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week and School Photos
Week beginning 27th March – ‘Into the Woods’ production – tickets available to purchase now
Tuesday 28th March – Author Neil Griffiths visiting NAIS Pudong for sessions with each Year Group
Friday 31st March – Last day of term
Star of the Week
3A - Linjou Chandrachoti for excellent effort finding fractions of numbers.
3B - Alexandra Holt for excellent work about the moon landing in our English lessons
3C – Zora Fan for ‘Outstanding efforts with her writing’
Next week we will start the week by writing a newspaper report about the first moon landing. We will then move onto reading the text of ‘Sunshine makes the Seasons’. We will read an information text about the sun and make notes before creating our own information fact page using headings. We will look at Seasonal Poetry towards the end of week. We will perform and give our opinions on a range of poems as well as planning to create our own Cinquains.
Next week we will continue to focus on ‘Exploring Fractions’. We will recognise and find equivalent fractions. We will compare and order unit fractions, revising the > and < symbols. We will learn to add and subtract fractions and solve word problems involving fractions. During our starters we will be reviewing columnar addition and subtraction, counting in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100 and telling the time using a roman numeral clock.
As Scientists next week we will be looking at sources of light. We will create our own shadow puppets to use when planning an investigation. We will create shadows of different lengths and directions using a compass to help us. We will record shadows outside throughout one day to see what happens and changes.
We will continue our new topic of ‘We are opinion pollsters’. We will create our own opinion poll, seek responses and then analyse the results.