Information and Reminders
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves. Also a reminder for girls that no nail polish is allowed to be worn.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- Shakespeare Week is approaching, taking place the week beginning 20th March. On Friday 24th March, we will be having a Shakespeare Dress-Up Day, when students can dress up as a character from a Shakespeare play or Tudor dress. During the week, each year group will be learning a particular Shakespeare play, which has been adapted for their understanding. The students will also take part in a range of different Shakespeare themed activities during the week.
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning; 9am to 10.30am
Thursday 16th March – Sarah Brennan, author visit
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week and School Photos
Week beginning 27th March – ‘Into the Woods’ production – tickets available to purchase now
Tuesday 28th March – Author Neil Griffiths visiting NAIS Pudong for sessions with each Year Group
Friday 31st March – Last day of term
Star of the Week
3A - Daisy Wang for improved effort in all subjects and when working with others.
3B – Milla Poisson for making thoughtful scientific predictions in our shadows investigation
3C – Sebastian Arbert for showing he can be a more independent learner
Next week we will read the text ‘Birth of the Stars’. We will identify themes and conventions of a myth. From this we will then plan and write our own myth which we will share with the class.
In Guided Reading the children will understand what they read, in books they can read independently by drawing inferences such as inferring characters' feelings and thoughts from their actions, and justifying inference with evidence.
Next week we will begin a new unit ‘Measuring Space’. We will start by focusing on ‘Length’. We will use a ruler to measure lengths to the nearest millimetre, centimetre and metre. You can practice measuring different objects at home with your child so they are more confident using the equipment and use the correct vocabulary. We will compare the length of two or more objects as well as looking at the perimeter of different shapes.
As Scientists next week we will be looking at why we have seasons. As Technologists we will make a calendar and a sun dial which we will use outside to mark on the time intervals.
We will continue our new topic of ‘We are opinion pollsters’. We will create our own opinion poll on a topic of our choice, seek responses and then analyse the results by creating graphs.