Information and Reminders
- We have started to wear our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- A reminder that Ms Preston will teach Class 3B next week as Mr Lang supports our residential.
- Please note that IB exams have now begun and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Monday 1st May – Labour Day holiday - school closed
Wednesday 10th May - Donuts with Dads; The Hub; 8.30am
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mum; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Friday 2nd June – Year 3 Campout
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Star of the Week
3A – Irene for becoming a more independent reader and writer.
3B - Amos for improving the quality of his written work
3C – Lauren for a huge improvement with her writing.
In English we will continue the story of ‘The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip’. We are going to make some information pages to teach others about the different ways you can make electricity, such as, Wind Turbine, Nuclear Power and Solar Power. The children will choose a non-chorological report frame to write their report on telling us about one way we can make electricity. They will create posters explaining (their opinion of) the reasons we should act now to stop Global Warming. We will focus on improving our handwriting. We will look at using interesting vocabulary to describe a character and setting.
In Guided reading they will read and perform poems and texts to their peers.
Over the next two weeks, we will be focusing on ‘Exploring Money’. We will learn to recognise the value of coins, add and subtract amounts of money when the units are the same and when the units are different. We will record a practical money problem using £ and/or p notation and solve practical problems that involve calculating change in manageable amounts.
As Technologists, we will continue to work in teams to complete our house with lighting and a door buzzer. We will have a parent visitor, Mr Dexter will be coming to talk to us about his job and the children will participate in an exciting activity with him. To end our topic, the Y2 children will be visiting us to learn about electricity from the Y3 children. Our children will plan activities and questions to ask them.
We will start our new unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. In this unit, the children work with six example Scratch projects. They explain how the scripts work, finding and correcting errors in them, and explore creative ways of improving them. The children learn to recognise some common types of programming error, and practise solving problems through logical thinking. Next week they will spot and correct off-by-one bugs by correcting a wrong multiplication grid.