Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Please note that IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
- Yearbooks are now available to order. Please complete the slip sent out on Class Dojo or Mailchimp, and return to the Uniform Shop along with the correct amount of money. Please order by Friday 2nd June.
- Please remember to send in your child’s friendship choice letter by Wednesday 31st June 2017.
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Monday 19th June – KS2 Sports Day
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star Of The Week
4A Vika Kholodenko for all the great efforts she has been putting into her reading and writing this term! It is great to see how much progress you have made!
4B Lucie Senes for trying really hard to improve her sentence structure in her description of an Egyptian god.
4C Danika Richards for using imaginative and descriptive sentences in her writing.
31st May- 23rd June
4A – Striking/Fielding
4B – Striking/Fielding
4C - Striking/Fielding
During our English lessons next week we will be taking all of our skills and knowledge from the past 2 weeks’ worth of learning and combining them into a story. The application of our skills will help us to be able to understand the importance of the drafting and editing part of the writing process. We will work hard to ensure that our writing has flow and is interesting for the readers. As with every piece of writing we will be focusing on the importance of spelling, punctuation and having a joined handwriting style.
Our guided reading sessions next week focus on being able to retrieve information from a text.
Next week we will be looking at the rules of being able to spell words containing the suffix ‘-ous’.
During our maths lessons next week, we begin a new topic of ‘presenting data’. We will start our learning by looking at being able to interpret information that is found in both pictograms that contain multiple items and also bar charts. From here we will develop our learning by being able to interpret bar charts that contain different scales on the frequency axis. We will end our learning for the week on being able to collect data and construct our own bar charts.
Next week in our “Temples, tombs and treasures’ topic we look at the very gruesome mummification. We will begin the week by looking at what mummification was, why is was done and the role of the embalmer. We will look at each step of the process. At the end of the week we become artists and make our own canopic jars.