Information and Reminders
- We hope you enjoyed the long week and had an enjoyable break with your families.
- As we approach the end of the term could we remind parents that children should be dressed in the correct school uniform. On PE days they are still required to get changed back into their uniforms.
- We are still outstanding some friendship requests for next year. If you have not completed this information please email at your earliest convenience.
- Sports day will take place on Friday 9th June.
- Next week will be the last week of CCA’s.
- If you are planning on going on vacation before the end of term please could you let your child’s class teacher know about these arrangements.
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – Infants Sports Day; 10.45 – 12.05
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
In English, the children will receive a postcard from ‘The Snail and the Whale’ which will show a picture of the ‘Three Little Pigs’ houses. Together we will read the story of 'The Three Little Pigs' and then create a story path. The children will hot seat the pigs and the wolf. The week will conclude with the children rewriting and adapting the story.
Focus: spell words containing each of the 40+ phonemes already taught, use different adjectives for effects, use capital letters, full stops and exclamation marks to demarcate sentences, five senses
In Mathematics, the children will spend time revisiting numbers bond to 10 and 20. They will use this information to help them solve addition, subtraction and division word problems. Work will be recorded using pictorial representations, concrete objects and the appropriate operations and symbols.
Key vocabulary: calculate, odd, even, multiply, divide grouping, sharing, array, subtract and addition
Next week, linked to English, we will explore a new place for the pigs to live away from the big bad wolf. Where could they travel with the Snail and the Whale? The children will look at famous landmarks around the world. What are they made of? Could the big bad wolf blow them down? Children will stick pictures of famous landmarks on a map.