The Week Ahead: Monday 12th – 18th June
In this Issue….
- Summer Fair – Saturday 10th June
- Leavers Lunch – Tuesday 13th June (please click here to RSVP)
- Lost and Found – Rules
- POSTPONED Summer Fair – 23rd September, 2017
It is with such a heavy heart that we have to announce the Summer Fair has been postponed until 23rd September, 2017. The weather predictions for tomorrow are getting worse by the minute. The top priority for us all is the safety of our children, so when it came to thinking what’s best for them, we needed to postpone.
Raffle tickets and wristbands already purchased can be used at the new event planned for the 23rd of September. So, keep them in a safe place until then.
To all of you leaving this year, we are so sad that we will not get to have that one last fun day with you. The funds from your purchased wristbands will be gratefully appreciated for our nominated charities, or if you would like a refund, please contact Sarah on email@example.com and she will organise to get the money back to your child.
For those of you who generously offered to volunteer your time to help out with the organisation and planning of the event, thank you very much. We would love it if you could help out again in September.
- End of Year Lunch – Tuesday 13th June – 11:30am-2pm
On a happier note, we’re very much looking forward to a nice relaxing lunch with you all on Tuesday at M on the Bund. It’s a lovely setting with gorgeous views over the river, topped off by delicious food.
Just a reminder that this lunch is for all parents, not just those leaving…although it’s a great way to say good-bye to those who are. The meal will be a fabulous 3 course lunch accompanied by a welcome drink.
If you haven’t had time to sign-up, it’s not too late, but you need to let us know on Monday at the latest. Here is the link to the online form: https://www.jotform.com/71349298596474 or you can email Dawn Yearwood on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your 300 RMB into an envelope with your name, mobile number and email address on the outside and drop it into Joyce at Reception. You may find it more convenient to ask your child to do this for you.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Lost & Found…
In the spirit of our continuous push for recycling, we are kindly asking parents to inform the Lost & Found team about all unwanted clothing items or accessories from the L&F area. It can be done either through NAIS Lost & Found WeChat group or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please find following the new ‘Rules’ in regard to the Lost and Found area. We have a wonderful group of volunteers who are working super hard to ensure the Lost and Found items find their rightful owners and that the area stays tidy. They give up their time to go into school every week to sort the items out, list them all and send the details out on wechat to us all (please see QR code below to join the group). We ask that you help by making sure you let them know when you or your child has collected an item (there is a list on the wall in the Lost & Found area for items to be marked off when the owner claims them). Please be respectful of the process and try as far as possible to pick-up items that your child has misplaced.
LOST & FOUND AREA GUIDELINES
- Lost and Found (L&F) is located next to the Main Reception at school. If you cannot find it, please ask the receptionist.
- All lost items, including non-uniform articles, are placed in the 3 light blue boxes in the L&F area on a daily basis.
- Lost school uniforms and P.E. kits will be listed and updated on Mondays by the L&F Team.
- The updated list of lost items will be posted on both the L&F WeChat group and stuck to the wall in the L&F area each Monday.
- Photos of non-uniform items will be posted on the L&F WeChat group each Monday.
- Only school staff or a member of the L&F Team can return claimed items to a person picking up their lost item.
- Anyone can claim their L&F items any day of the week, but must:
- ask for assistance from the person at Main Reception, a teacher or a member of the L&F Team
- check the list and cross off any items collected;
- note the name and class of the person claiming the item on the list
- Sorted and listed items will be hung on the rack or placed in boxes which should be searched through only during hand over (as per the procedure in point 6 above) in order to keep clear records of all returned items.
- All items not claimed within six months of the school year will be sold. Details of these sales will be posted in the school newsletter.
- All money collected through the school sales will be given to the Community Group fund for charity.
- All items that are not sold in the sale will be donated to charity or recycled.
- P.E. kits in the L&F area may be loaned to students who have forgotten or misplaced theirs on any given day. The P.E. kits which are available for borrowing are labelled and kept in a separate box, clearly marked ‘P.E. Kits for Loan’. P.E. kits that are borrowed should be returned to the same box washed and clean.
- You can join NAIS Lost & Found WeChat group by scanning the QR Code below.
PLEASE KEEP THE LOST & FOUND AREA CLEAN AND TIDY
We very much appreciate your help and look forward to your continued support.
The last remaining third term event for your calendar….
- Leavers Lunch – 13th June, 2017
We look forward to seeing you at the last event for the year.
Community Group Chair