Information and Reminders
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WE HAVE POSTPONED OUR SUMMER FUN DAY TO SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER.
You are invited to attend our Primary Year in Review Assembly which will take place in Sports Hall B at 9.00am on Thursday 22nd June.
This will be followed by class parties in the afternoon, please check your email for more information with regards to food and timings.
Please note that IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star of the Week
2A- Joseph for improved sentence structure.
2B- Enzo for his incredible attitude towards his Maths and English.
2C- Henry Li for having a positive attitude towards his learning and making fantastic progress.
This week we will study the story book Fatou Fetch the Water.
Reading Key Objectives:
- Develop pleasure in reading, vocabulary and understanding by discussing their favourite words and phrases.
- Understand both the books that they can already read fluently and those that they listen to by predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far.
- Understand books they listen to by: making inferences on the basis of what is being said and done
- Listening to, discussing and expressing views about a wide range of contemporary and classic poetry, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they can read independently.
- Participate in discussion about books, poems and other works that are read to them and those that they can read for themselves, taking turns and listening to what others say.
Writing Key Objectives:
- Learn how to use: expanded noun phrases to describe and specify.
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks.
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes
- Consider what they are going to write before beginning by writing down ideas and/or key words, including new vocabulary.
Next week in maths our focus will be Problem Solving. Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Solve problems involving addition or subtraction using concrete objects and pictorial representations
- Solve missing number problems
- Check calculations using the correct inverse operation
In Topic we will continue to learn all about water. As Geographers we will recap the names for different bodies of water, using vocabulary such as rivers, lakes, oceans, canals etc. We will look at how the amount of water differs around the world. We will compare the climates of rainforests and deserts. As Scientists we will learn about the water cycle, thinking about why it rains, what happens to water and what each process is called.