- Welcome back! We hope you all had a wonderful break over the festive holidays.
- Thursday 26 January will be the annual ‘Wear Red Day’ for the Chinese New Year celebration. There will also be a Dragon dance at approximately 8:30am (once buses have arrived). Parents are welcome to watch.
- A date for your diary; Chinese new year holidays will start from Friday 27 January and children will return to school on Monday 6 Febuaray.
- Please remember to bring a warm hat for your child, the weather is cool and we will have time outdoors. It is always helpful to ensure all items of clothes brought into school are labelled too. Thanks in advance for this.
- To help support our air pollution systems we will keep all doors closed if the pollution is over 100. We do not want t o seem unwelcome, so please know our ‘doors are always open’ for visitors, however we are trying our best to keep the children in our care safe and healthy. We thank you for your understanding and co-operation with this matter.
OUR LEARNING THEME
The children have been excited to talk about where they travelled to, or what activities they did during their Christmas holidays. This lead to us talking about the different modes of transport we have taken. The children helped set up an airport role play area, creating signs to let people know where they are going, placing the chairs in a specific area to create the plane and even researching what the iside of the cockpit looks like so we can recreate this in our own plane. You can watch the real life video of a pilot here!
PERSONAL SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We have had some new starters in our nursery unit this week. It has been wonderful to watch the children invite and include all he new students to their play and help them find what they need in the classroom. Throughout the next wekk we will continue to get to know our new friends and explore the unit together.
Friends, friendships, play, together
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
As children have talked about where in the world we have been, it has given us the opportunity to talk about different countries and the climates there. The children will continue to talk about this thinking about the climate in our own environment.
Hot, cold, sun, rain, clouds, snow
De peuters hebben de voorbije week hard gewerkt om onze kasteelmuren in de juiste tint te schilderen. In de verkleedhoek werd er druk gepast .
THEME: Story of Nian 年兽的传说（nian shou de chuan shuo）
Songs: Happy New Year 新年好 （xin nian hao）
Give You Joy 恭喜恭喜 （gong xi gong xi）
Activities: Dye the eggs and make an egg container
Key Vocabulary: Happy Chinese New Year 新年好 (xin nian hao), Year of Chicken 鸡年 (ji nian) , Give You Joy 恭喜 (gong xi)