- We do our best to ensure the children’s hair is dried after swimming. To support us with this please can you make sure that your child brings a rubber swim hat. And a warm hat for outside play. Thank you for your continued support with this.
- It would be a great help if parents could support us with hand washing a home. When washing hands, please encourage your children to push up their sleeves independently.
- Please be aware that the days are getting colder and wetter and dress your child accordingly. On swimming days girls may wear dark leggings and matching dark socks instead of tights to make it easier for them to get dressed. A warm hat is also recommended. Please ensure all of these items are labelled.
- Any photos and videos taken in school of groups of children during the normal school day should only be taken by school staff or with the agreement of school staff. At no point should any images of children at school be shared using social media without the parents’ permission. Thank you for your support.
This week the children have been busy learning their songs for the Christmas show. A reminder that our show will happen at 9.30 Thursday 8 December. All children will need black tights/leggings/trousers and a t-shirt. The children will be busy creating their own costumes to go alongside the class songs.
If you would like to practise the songs at home below are a few links to some of our songs.
Dancing Christmas tree
Little Snowflake song
I’m a little snowman
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
As we move onto Christmas we will be teaching the children some seasonal signs to compliment our Christmas songs. Why not practise these at home!
As we create our costumes we will be talking about the shapes used in them and describing these shapes. They are round, pointy, straight etc.
Oval, rectangle, triangle, square, circle, pointy, edge, corner, round
EXPRESSIVE ARTS AND DESIGN
Our whole week will revolve around creating our new and wonderful costumes. Expect all the children to be covered in glitter when they come home! The children are all very excited to be taking full ownership over their costumes, from cutting them out to practising in them.
Hij komt, hij komt....De Sint komt deze week (hopelijk) ons een bezoekje brengen. We brengen alles in gereedheid voor zijn komst en organiseren een geweldig verjaardagsfeest voor de kindervriend.
We maken een verlanglijstje voor de Sint en zetten onze schoen op woensdag. Gelieve een extra schoen mee naar school te brengen!
We will be talking about WINTER this week.
Stories: Snow Child 雪孩子（xue hai zi）
Songs: Snowflake 雪绒花 (xue rong hua)
*Look for Winter Outside
* Make a picture of plum blossom
Key Words: cold 冷 (leng); snow下雪 (xia xue); winter 冬天 (dong tian) ; make a snowman 堆雪人(dui xue ren)