- Thank you to so many of you who have ensured your child’s belongings are clearly named please can you check that all water bottles and snack boxes are named every day.
- Swimming lessons began last week with a very successful introduction to our swimming day routines and many children happily exploring the water. If your child is toilet trained, please send swimming costume, towel, goggles and swim hat each Tuesday.
- Library cards have now been issued to teachers, children will be able to bring a library book home starting this week. Family Library time: the main school Library on the 3rd floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
- Please remember we are a nut free school, this means you may not send any nut products at all to school at any time, this includes Nutella, snack bars that contain nuts, nut butters, nut oils or nuts.
- For the safety of all the children, please ensure the small gate is closed as you come in and out every morning. This is the indoor gate in the corridor as you approach the pre-nursery area.
- We invite you to a Principal’s workshop on Wednesday 6 September 8.45-9.30 in Stage One. How we Learn What We Learn: A Welcome to EYFS. This will provide a valuable insight into our curriculum.
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle: Second Hand Uniform Sale
Did your child outgrow their old uniform tops and bottoms? Did your child graduate from Primary to Secondary? Do you have unwanted uniform items? Will your family be moving on from BISS Puxi to new adventures? Please consider donating all your unneeded BISS Puxi uniforms to the Second Hand Uniform Sale. All items can be dropped at the Primary or Secondary reception desks throughout the school year. All items need to be clean and in good condition, thanks for your support.
Please come and restock your children's Primary and Secondary uniforms at our sales on Thursday, September 7th from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm in Primary Gallery.
Please remember to bring small cash and your own bag. All proceeds go to charity.
We need your help!!! If you would like to work on the Second Hand Uniform Sale project, please email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org or wechat: tracyly55. It only involves four afternoons over the course of the school year.
ENABLING EVERY DAY COMMUNICATION
As we work to establish and strengthen the children’s understanding of school routines, we will be using particular English words and phrases to support this learning. Words and phrases you might like to also use at home to support this are: “help please”, “open please”, “clean up time”, “wash your hands”, “drink water” and “toilet”. Learning these words will help support language development as well as independence. We will help children who can do this link more of their words together e.g. “”go outside please” by modeling simple sentences that they can repeat and use.
We took our first trip to the Rumble room for P.E this week. It was exciting for the children to investigate a new space- taking their shoes and socks off to run and play with the balls. Please can you start working with your children and helping them be more independent when taking shoes and socks off and putting them on. We use the words: “Have a try” and “Help please”. We will continue to support this independence and use a range of soft play and equipment.
Now the children are becoming more settled we are starting to gather them into a group time with the teachers and their classmates when we can greet each other. At this time the children are listening and enjoying some simple songs. We will continue to introduce a range of songs with the children to help develop musical awareness and also develop vocabulary. We also use these times to share stories and rhymes developing early listening skills with lots of visuals and actions.
‘Owl Babies’《猫头鹰宝宝》（Mao tou ying bao bao）
Baby song 《好宝宝》（hao bao bao ）http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrhg59p0.html
owl 猫头鹰（mao tou ying）, mummy 妈妈（ma ma ）,baby 宝宝（bao bao ）,sister 姐妹（jie mei ）,brother 兄弟（xiong di)