- As the weather changes and becomes warmer please do make sure your child has a named sunhat, and when appropriate apply sun cream before coming to school.
- Please be reminded that it is very helpful for your child to have a spare set of clothes – underwear, socks, T-shirt and shorts/ dress. As the weather is warmer we are able to spend more time outside and enjoy the water and sand play.
- Sport’s Day: Monday 8 May – Nursery and Reception (9.00am-11.00am) in the Secondary sports hall.The children should arrive at school in their PE kit and house t-shirt. Please check with your class teacher if you are unsure which colour this should be. All children should come to school with sun cream on already and bring a water bottle, light healthy snacks and a sun hat.
- Early Years transition workshop: Tuesday 23 May from 8.45 – 9:30 in Stage One. We will discuss ways we support the children in school as they move on to a new class and how you can help at home.
- Book Fair: On the ground floor of the Primary school from Thursday 4 May to Saturday 6 May. Blue Fountain Books and Star Kids will be selling a large variety of books for children from Early Years through to KS4. They are bringing a selection of books for parents too! To help your child make suitable choices we will open the Fair up at scheduled times during the school day for parents to choose books with their children:
Thursday and Friday 8:00-10:30am and 3:30-4:30pm
LEARNING THEMES – STORY TIME
The Reception Cubs are really enjoying Story Time, becoming familiar with stories and in particular the characters in them. Each class has taken their learning in different directions and this week and we will following those interests further.
Story, setting, character, describe
LITERACY- STORY TIME CHARACTERS
We will be thinking about the different characters we meet in books and stories this week. We will think carefully about the vocabulary we use to describe how they look and what they are like and imagining how they might sound and move as well.
Character, act, sound, voice, move, describe, What does he/ she/ it look like? (appearance) E.g. tall, thin, ugly, scaly, hairy. What is he/she/it like ? (personality) e.g. friendly, scary, funny, strong, brave, kind
MATHS – NUMBER
We will be focusing on the tricky teen numbers this week. We will be supporting children to pronounce the teen numbers carefully and through a variety of activities consolidate the childrens understanding of numbers and quantities of objects to 10 and then to 20.
Number, count, teen numbers, how many
We will change our topic to story characters this week. We will talk about characters the children like and why we like them.
唐僧骑马咚了个咚（tangseng qima donglegedong）Tang Monk and his apprentice
大闹天宫（danao tiangong）The monkey king
画自己喜欢的故事人物(hua ziji xihuan de gushi renwu) Draw a picture of your favourite charactors.
Names of story charactors, such as 白雪公主（baixue gongzhu, snowwhite）,孙悟空（sunwukong, monkey king）, 睡美人（shui meiren, sleeping beauty）, 美人鱼（meirenyu, mermaid）etc .
Deze week maken we kennis met de kunstwerken van René Margritte in het prentenboek `Meneer René`. Meneer René schildert zo goe d dat zijn schilderijen echt lijken. Maar niemand wil ze kopen...Mijnheer René wenst dat zijn schilderijen echt waren, dan kan hij alles krijgen wat hij wil door ze te schilderen. We zoeken in de schilderijen van René Margritte naar wat echt is en maken onze versie van `le fils d`homme`, het bekende zelfportet van Margritte waarin zijn gezicht bedekt wordt door een appel.
schilderen, schilderij, de verf, echt, niet echt, de wens, de bolhoed, het portret