MONDAY 13, TUESDAY 14 November: Please remember that these days are holiday days – no school for children! Enjoy your long weekend with your family.
- SCHOOL UNIFORM: Please note that the school colours for trousers should be grey, not black.
- PE ATTENDANCE: Lots of children are coming to school without their PE kit saying that they are ‘sick’ and so not doing PE. PE lessons are conducted inside throughout the year. Please be aware that PE is an important part of your child’s curriculum and they should be prepared and safe during the lesson by wearing the appropriate clothing. If your child is not well enough for PE, please keep them at home so that they can recover fully before returning to school.
- JUNK MODELLING! We are excited that the children are getting creative and want to build models and make different things, but we need your help to supply bottles, toilet roll inners, boxes, lids and more! Please ensure that there is no glass, and that everything is washed before sending it into school. Thank you.
- BISCAP/PE/Swimming: We are so excited going to our specialist lessons and BISCAP classes. Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class.
- Uniform: we are growing in independence and getting changed for PE is an important part of the lesson. Please remember to send your child’s PE kit in a bag, so that they can change within the PE lesson time.
- Children who are ill need to be at home to recover as we cannot care for sick children in school and do not want illness to spread to the others. Please see our school policy for these common occurences:
-Diarrhoea (2 or more episodes in 24h that is new or unusual): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode.
-Vomiting (more than 2 times and/or occurring with fever): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode of vomiting
-Vomiting (1 isolated occurrence without fever): Stay home for 24 hours since vomiting
-Fever (temperature equal to or more than 37.6 degrees celsius): Stay home 24 hours after the pupil is found fever free without intake of fever lowering medication
If your child is ill, please let your child’s teacher know and also whether the illness is contagious or not.
LITERACY – SPEAKING AND LISTENING
We are preparing for our Christmas show and because we will soon be reindeers, toys, eleves and more, we need to think about what those characters are like. What kind of things would they say? What do they like? Who are their friends?
Can you talk about one of the things from the show in a full sentence?
Listen, question, talk, asking, show
The children are getting much better at the first group of ‘tricky words’ I, the, to, go, no. We will be reading different short sentences with tricky words in them such as “I am a cat”, “It is the sun”, “Can I go to bed?” So that we can practice orally blending different decodable or tricky words. Look out for them in your reading books!
MATHS - NUMBER
Now that we can count so well, we will be practising recognising different numbers within 20 (and beyond). Once we have found our favourite numbers, we will count out bears, beads, pencils up to that number from a larger group of things. We will need to concentrate to make sure that we can stop counting at the right number!
Number, teen number, one/two/three etc, count out, target
EXPRESSIVE ARTS DESIGN: Being Imaginative
We are so excited to learn more about our Christmas Show, and all the different songs and dances we’ll be doing. We will be starting to look at words different characters say in the show, and moving like toys, reindeers, Santa Claus and elves.
Christmas, Reindeer, story, animals, character, song, dance, sing, move, freeze
We will review all the farm animals and introduce the animals living in the sea as a topic ‘’under the sea”.
The shark’s family ( 鲨鱼一家 )(sha yu yi jia )
“ Little fish swimming , catch, catch, catch” 许多小鱼游来了 (xuduo xiao yu you lai le )
Mr.SEAHORSE (海马先生 )（haima xianshen）
sea 大海 (da hai) fish鱼 (yu) starfish海星 (hai xing) shark鲨鱼 (sha yu ) seahorse 海马（hai ma） dolphin海豚（hai tun）
Little fish swimming ,catch, catch, catch..... 许多小鱼游来了 , 抓住，抓住，抓住 ... (xuduo xiao yu you lai le,zhuazhu,zhuazhu,zhuazhu.... )
Hij komt, hij komt.... Aanstaande zondag komt Sinterklaas aan in Shanghai! In de Nederlandse klas kijken we volop uit naar de komst van de Sint. We nemen een kijkje binnen in de stoomboot van Sinterklaas en vragen ons af wat de Sint dit jaar meebrengt vanuit het verre Spanje!
We zoeken woorden met de `s` van Sinterklaas!
Sinterklaas, de schoot, een handje geven, zwaaien, de stoomboot, de wimpels, het paard, huppelen