This week is ‘Poetry Week’. Children throughout the Primary School will enjoy poetry-themed learning and experiences. Please see below for details of our poetry-themed learning for Reception children.
- Please make sure that you check your child’s Communication Book and reading folder every day for messages and updates, especially with regards to the Christmas Play.
- The Reception Christmas Play is on Tuesday 6th December at 9.30am.
- Please ensure that the spare clothes that you provide for your child are suitable for the colder months.
- Please send your child to school with a warm, waterproof and labelled jacket or coat. We try to go outside every day, but if your child does not have suitable clothing then this will not be possible.
- Please be aware that the days are getting colder and wetter and dress your child accordingly. On swimming days girls may wear dark leggings and matching dark socks instead of tights to make it easier for them to get dressed. A warm hat is also recommended.
- We do our best to ensure the children’s hair is dried after swimming. To support us with this please can you make sure that your child brings a rubber swim hat. And a warm hat for outside play. Thank you for your continued support with this.
- We would appreciate any spare clothes you have at home to add to our collection this includes socks, underwear, tshirts, jumpers and trousers . Children occasionally need to have their clothes changed and it is always good to have a selection ready. If your child has borrowed any spare clothes, could you please wash them and return them to school. Thank you for your continued support with this.
- The children are showing much interest in junk modelling, so any clean ‘junk’from home would be much appreciated. Especially useful are bottle tops, yoghurt pots, plastic or foil trays, bubble wrap and cereal boxes.
LEARNING THEME: Poetry Week
This week we will be learning about a poem called ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’. Please find the words to this poem here: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/42913. We will also be learning the classic and fun song for this poem. You can listen to the song and enjoy accompanying visuals with your child by visiting this video link.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
We will be discussing patterns and rhyme that can be found in The Twelve Days of Christmas. We will also explore and talk about new and interesting words that we can find in the poem, such as ‘turtle doves’ and ‘maids’.
‘poem’, ‘rhyme’, ‘rhyming’, ‘pattern’, ‘repeated’
Uses vocabulary and forms of speech that are increasingly influenced by their experiences of books.
Enjoys an increasing range of books.
Plays cooperatively as part of a group to develop and act out a narrative.
We will continue playing some simple phonics games with the children to develop their listening skills.
We will also consolidate sounds the children already know. Check inside phonics packs to see if there are any new letters to learn. Here is a link to some useful apps that will support the phonics learning we are doing in school for phase two and beyond.
In Maths, the children will be applying what they know about number, counting and calculation to mathematical investigations and problem-solving activities. They will be encouraged to use correct mathematical vocabulary to explain their thinking and recording.
Count, more, fewer, add, take away, altogether
Finds the total number of items in two groups by counting them.
Says the number that is one more than a given number.
In practical activities amd discussion, beginning to use the vocabulary involved in adding and subtracting.
THEME: We will review weathers and learn about numbers.
SONG: Number song数字歌(shuzi ge)
ACTIVITY: match numbers , numbers’ caterpillar,trace Chinese writing from 1 to 10
STORY: First, there is an apple首先有一个苹果 (shou xian you yi ge pingguo)
KEY VOCABULARY: Count 数一数（shu yi shu） from 1 to 10 从一到十 （cong yi dao shi）
Deze week staat alles in het teken van verjaardag. We versieren de klas en eten taart ter gelegenheid van Jules`v erjaardag. In `Jules en de Sint`lezen we dat ook de Sint bijna jarig is!