- As the weather is now changing, please make sure your child is well equipped for the day ahead with named, appropriate rain clothing such as a rain coat and wellington boots.
- PE KIT - Lots of children are coming to school without their PE kit saying that they are ‘sick’ and so not doing PE. PE lessons are conducted inside throughout the year. Please be aware that PE is an important part of your child’s curriculum and they should be prepared and safe during the lesson by wearing the appropriate clothing. If your child is not well enough for PE, please keep them at home so that they can recover fully before returning to school.
- JUNK MODELLING! We are excited that the children are getting creative and want to build models and make different things, but we need your help to supply bottles, toilet roll inners, boxes, lids and more! Please ensure that there is no glass, and that everything is washed before sending it into school. Thank you.
- BOOK FAIR will be here next week. Please refer to the letter sent home with your child regarding the times available for you to join them in school to choose some lovely new books.
- Parent Teacher Conferences we are looking forward to meeting with you during the week beginning 30th October. Please ensure you have returned your appointment slip to your child’s class teacher to secue an appointment.
- BISCAP/PE/Swimming: We are so excited going to our specialist lessons and BISCAP classes. Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class.
- Uniform: we are growing in independence and getting changed for PE is an important part of the lesson. Please remember to send your child’s PE kit in a bag, so that they can change within the PE lesson time.
- We are looking for parents who are able to volunteer their time to help with our Early Years Library. This would include keeping the books in order, scanning books in and out, reading to children, demonstrating book care and making the book area looking inviting. Please email Liz Peacock (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to volunteer.
- Our Book Fair is happening at the end of this week, please see the notice that was sent home with your child. Parents are invited to come in and take their child to buy a book on Thursday or Friday from 8:00-10:30 or 3:30-4:30. If you are unable to come in, please feel free to send money in with your child and a teacher or LA will support them to choose a suitable book to buy.
After enjoying our African themed week ahead of Tanzania day so much, and learning the story of Handa’s Surprise, we have been really excited when telling stories. We will be practising some of our favourite stories to perform to our friends, teachers and other classes.
We will then take on the challenge of writing some stories, focusing especially on the initial sounds in words and making the letter shapes that we can hear in the words.
Label, letter, sound, stories, character, words, pencil, sentence
We are consolidating these sounds s a t p i n d g o c k m e u r ck and working on blending them together to read and write simple words and captions e.g. cop, mat, ‘sit on a pin’.
We will be looking at moving objects around and describing where they are using language such as behind, in front of, next to, and continue to measure the distances between things.
Where is it? position, next to, behind, in front, in between
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD: Technology
We have been enjoying exploring the computers in our classrooms, and we also like to use the iPads.
This week, we will learn important skills such as how to log on to the computer, use the mouse and also find some of the keyson the keyboard to play a specific game.
Keyboard, mouse, computer, screen, wire, game, click, icon
We will talk about the Autumn, to see how is the season getting changed,by walking out to pick up leaves and find out the colours in nature.
Autumn is coming 秋天到 (qiu tian dao)
The wind of autumn (秋风吹吹 )（qiu feng chui chui）
Autumn秋天 (qiu tian ) leaf树叶 (shu ye) golden 金色 (jin se) red 红色 (hong se ) yellow 黄色 （huang se）
It’s cooler in autumn ! (秋天真凉爽!)（qiu tian zhen liang shuang）
De kinderen van Reception hebben de voorbije week allerlei manieren gevonden om monsters te lokken én te vangen. Deze week maken we kennis met `Klein monster Motta`, een kerntitel uit het kinderboekenweekpakket geschreven door Yvonne Jagtenberg. Klein monster Motta woont met zijn monstermama en -papa en zijn zes harige, woeste, wilde monsterlijke broers. Motta wil net zo groot, sterk en griezelig zijn als zijn broers, maar hoe hij ook brult en stampt, ze vinden hem alleen maar schattig. Niemand begrijpt hem.
Deze week hebben we het over `monsterlijke kenmerken` en helpen we Motta even eng te worden als zijn broers . We werken verder aan een beschrijving van ons eigen plasticine monster. Kan jij een `monsterlijke` naam bedenken voor je monster?
In Villa Letterpret zoeken we deze week woorden met de letter `o `.
Vergeet niet het SDS fimfestival op de familiekalender te zetten! Ook de kinderen van EYC zijn van harte welkom om vrijdag 27 oktober van 15u30 tot 18u15 samen met mama en papa de SDS boekenbingo af te sluiten met een leuke kinderfilm en heerlijke snacks!
monster, klauwen, brullen, stampen, brommen, grommen, stampvoeten, schattig, griezelig, harig