- Year 1 End of Year Celebration- Our End of Year Celebration took place this week. Thank you so much for attending. The children had a wonderful time and that is testament to your support and hard work throughout the year.
- Please note that the BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swim programme has now finished. There will only be buses at 3:30pm from now on. Children will either go home by bus or be picked up.
- Profiles of our new staff can now be found on the school website.
- Lost Property - Our lost property cupboard is full to over flowing. Next week on Tuesday and Wednesday items from the cupboard will be laid out on tables in the front playground. Please encourage your child to see if they recognise any clothes or objects; if you can please come yourself to check claim items. We will be re-cycling anything unclaimed over the summer break. Thank you for your support.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for a successful year. Many thanks for your continued support. We would like to wish everyone an enjoyable summer and look forward to welcoming you back for the new academic year on Wednesday 16 August 2017. For those of you who are moving on, we wish you all the best in the future and good luck with your relocation plans.
- Thursday 29th June - Last day of term
This week we will focus on an investigative approach to maths. The children have a selection of challenging and exciting maths problems which will cover all areas taught this year, including; addition, subtraction, 2D shape, length and so on.
THEMED LEARNING- SCIENCE WEEK!
This week we will be continuing with some of the STEAM activities that the children took part in during Science Week. These will require the children to work in teams and use a range of skills to complete challenges and build structures using a variety of household items.
Gravity, air resistance, materials, paper, plastic, aluminium, crystals, solutions, method, experiments, conclusions, results, analysis
Over the next two weeks, all of the children in Year 1 will be reviewing the sounds and thetricky words, which they have learned this year. They will practice reading, spelling and writing them.
COMPUTING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
We have now reached the final few weeks of term. Across the next few ICT sessions the children will re-visit some of the Microsoft Software that they have been taught, alongside Espresso Coding and the interactive areas of Espresso. The children will be able to refine previously taught skills. Specifically the children will look at the learning zones for Science during Science Week and Mental Maths.
Children will be sharing what activities they like to do in summer.
Key words: 太阳tai yang/sun; 沙 sha/ sand; 贝壳bei ke/shell; 海鸥 hai ou/ sea gull; 海浪hai lang/ sea wave; 冲浪chong lang/ surfing; 城堡cheng bao/ castle; 海滩 hai tan/beach; 晒太阳 shai tai yang/bask
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN
De kinderen van year 1 leggen deze week de laatste hand aan hun dierenpaspoorten. We blikken terug op een geweldig jaar en organiseren een afscheidsfeest voor Vera. Prettige vakantie!