- Wednesday 7 Sept (8.45-9.30am): ‘Literacy and Maths’ workshop – find out about the school’s approach in Key Stage 1. Designed for new parents, but all welcome.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and collected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy on the website.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP programmes will begin on Monday 12 September.
- Tuesday 6 September (2:45 - 4:30): Second Hand Uniform Sale - The Gallery
This week the children will continue to learn all about labels, lists and captions. We will be reading and exploring non-fiction texts about keeping our bodies healthy. We will be labelling the different parts of the body and we will write captions to go with them. We will be focusing on letter formation and finger spaces. We will also write a list of the different things we need to bring to school each day.
title, non-fiction, book, labels, lists, captions, information, keeping healthy, body parts.
In Maths, the children will be learning about different shapes. We will focus on learning the names and the features of the different 2D shapes. We will then use these shapes to create different printing patterns and inspired by some Kandinsky images, children will also design a 2D shape painting.
2D shapes, square, circle, triangle, rectangle, sides, corners, patterns, printing.
This week our Themed Learning lessons will be linked to our Literacy. We will focus on learning the names of the different parts of the body and we will learn all about the things people need to help them grow up to be strong and healthy. Children will also learn about the different food groups and the importance of eating a healthy diet.
Keeping health, healthy diet, growing, changing, body parts, food groups.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
Computing sessions are well under way in Year 1. The focus for the next two weeks is for the children to begin to log on to their computers as independently as possible. Although this is a simple task, it can be quite a complicated skill for the children to get used. Within these sessions the children are developing basic mouse control and traction skills with MS Paint.
keyboard, mouse, laptop, computer, program, paint, login, username, password
This week we will be thinking of ways to help keep our bodies healthy. We will focus on keeping safe when playing with our friends, washing our hands and not spreading germs. We will also continue to help our new friends settle into life at BISS.
positive, rule, beginning, safe, keeping healthy, germs, body parts.
Deze week gaan we op reis met het vliegtuig. We bouwen de Nederlandse klas om tot een echte luchthaven met incheckbalie, een bagageband en een metaaldetector .
Vergeet jullie instapkaart en jullie paspoort niet! Kan jij je voornaam, familienaam en leeftijd controleren? Luchtvaartmaatschappij SDS wenst jullie een aangename vlucht!
De letter van de week is de lange –oo-!
Topic: Greetings and character writing
This week children will be learning to recognise a range of frequently used characters.
Homework: Trace and practise the characters on the worksheet given.
This week children will be learning a greeting song and learn to read the characters “你ni/you、好hao/good、早zao/morning”.
Homework: Finish the worksheet on the topic of Greeting.
Topic: Lesson 1. Nature
This week students will be able to say ‘star, moon, tree, cloud, and mountain’.
Homework: Chant the poem on page 3.