Please note that school will start on Tuesday 2 May this week due to the National Holiday.
- Rainforest dress up day - On the May 19 the Year 2 children will have a Rainforest dress up day. All the children are encouraged to dress up as a rainforest animal or anything else that is found in the rainforest!
- Healthy Snacks - Please ensure that your child’s daily snack is a healthy one
- Warm Weather - Now the weather is getting warmer, please could you encourage your child to bring in a hat and also a water bottle so that they remain well hydrated during the day.
- School Library - Our school librarians are in school until 4:30pm on a Monday and Tuesday. If, as parents, you would like to borrow books you can set up afamily account.
- ‘Let’s Be Ambitious’ - We will be sending home an extra optional homework sheet on Wednesday for the children that like an extra challenge. More information will be available in their homework folders.
In Literacy this week we will begin a unit of work where the children will be writing adventure stories. The children will begin by creating a story a map to plot their rainforest adventure. They listen to the story of the Kapok Tree and discuss the way in which the author uses adjectives to accurately describe nouns.
In Maths the children will revise the previous 3 weeks work and then begin to apply this knowledge to word based problems. The focus of the lessons will be very much dependent on the children’s individual strengths and weaknesses. Some of the areas the children might cover are; handling data, time, measures, shape and positional language.
The children will continute to complete use the information they gathered from their exploration and knowledge harvest on the topic of deforestation in the Rainforest to make a news report. Within small groups each child will play the role of a concerned party such as a logger or a tribe’s person. Two children will be news reporters and interview the children to find out their opinions.
The teachers will teach the children playground games and discuss what it means to be a good friend.
Topic: Book 4b Lesson 2 Clothes
Children will learn to describe what clothes does he or she wear.
Key words: T恤衫ti xu shan/t-shirt; 短裤duanku/shorts; 毛衣maoyi/sweater; 长裤changku/trousers; 大衣dayi/ coat; 帽子maozi/hat; 戴dai/ to wear
Key Radicals: 礻clothes; 巾napkin; 矢arrow
Sentence structures: “(谁shei)穿chuan……。(Who) wears….
Homework: Paper sheet.
Children will consolidate the sentence pattern: …里li有you…. /There are … in…
Key words: 教室jiao shi/classroom，桌子 zhuo zi/table，椅子yi zi/chair，书 shu/book
Home work: Worksheet
Topic: Review Monkey King Book 2B—Lesson. 1---Lesson. 6
Students will review all the vocabulary covered in this book
Homework: Finish revision worksheet
De kinderen van KS1 hebben zich deze week verdiept in het leven en de kunst van Piet Mondriaan. Volgende week gaan we verder aan de slag met het schrijven van zijn biografie . We laten ons inspireren door zijn Broadway Boogie Woogie en creëren onze eigen Shanghai Boogie Woogie.
In de spellingslessen oefenen we de medeklinkerclusters uit de vriendjesflat!