- Please note that the BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swim programme has now finished. There will only be buses at 3:30pm from now on.
- Year 2 End of Year Party - Wednesday 21 June The Year 2 End of Year Party will be held on Wednesday 21 JuneThe theme is “A Teddy Bear’s Picnic.” All the children are asked to bring along a bear for the day. All children can wear their ‘party clothes’ to school and keep them on for the entirety of the day.Teachers will be organising games and dances for the children. Should you wish to attend the dancing section of the party you are invited to attend between 2:30-3:00. The room parents have kindly organised for a snack & drink to be provided for each child.
- Year 2 Learning Showcase - 23 June 9am -10amDuring Term 3, Year 2 have been extremely enthused by their topic ‘Rainforests.’ We would like to give the students the opportunity to share some of their learning with their parents. The children would like to invite you to their ‘Learning Showcase’.
- Bottle -As part of the showcase the children will be making a ‘Rainforest in a Bottle.’ We would be grateful if you could provide your child with a bottle to use for this. The bottle should be brought to school by the 21st June so we can prepare them.
- KS1 House Assembly - 22 June Year 1 and 2 will be having a final House Assembly on 22 June. On this day please ensure that your child wears their house t-shirt. If you are unsure what house your child is in please contact your class teacher.
- Healthy Snacks - Please ensure that your child’s daily snack is a healthy one
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle: Second Hand Uniform Sale
It is that time of the year again when many families are preparing to move away from Shanghai and on to new adventures! Or perhaps your child has simply outgrown their current tops and bottoms. Please consider donating all your unneeded BISS Puxi uniforms to the Second Hand Uniform Sale. All items can be dropped at the Primary or Secondary reception desks until the end of the school year. All items need to be clean and in good condition, thanks for your support. The next Second Hand Uniform Sale will take place at the start of the new school year. So please come and restock your children's uniforms at the sale in beginning of September. If you would like to work on the Second Hand Uniform Sale project, please email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org. It only involves 4 afternoons over the course of the school year and all proceeds go to charity.
This week the children will be carrying out some very exciting science experiments to celebrate our school science week.
The main focus of the week will be testing different forces. The children are going to make a toy boat and then devise different ways to make to boat move. The children might choose to use wind power in the form of sails and a balloon or a propeller powered by an elastic band!
Once the children have designed and tested their boats they will write up their results and reach a conclusion about which boat worked the best.
The teachers will teach the children playground games and discuss what it means to be a good friend.
Topic: Book 4a Lesson 1-7 Revision
Children will revise the words and sentence patterns of Lesson 1-7.
Mandarin Y2 C2
This week we will introduce children a story of chopsticks and some relatated activities.
Mandarin Y2 C3
Topic: Monkey King Book 3A---Lesson. 5 In the Orchard
Children will learn vocabulary on different kind of fruit.
Mandarin Y2 MND02CN
De kinderen van year 2 gaan deze week samen met Freek Vonk verder op zoek naar dierenkampioenen. Na de lelijkste dierenkampioenen is het de beurt aan de snelste kampioenen. We gaan aan de slag met onze `in het wild strip` en verzinnen de meest avontuurlijke verhalen in de stijl van Freek Vonk.
Heeft u thuis jungle kleren of een safaripakje? Graag meegeven met uw kind deze week, we gaan er mee aan de slag in onze `in het wild`reportage.