One of the pleasures of my role as BVIS Primary Headteacher is the opportunity to welcome visitors to the school. Since we opened in August 2011, we have had many Principals, Headteachers, teachers and academics visiting the school. Our membership Nord Anglia, FOBISIA and CIS means that we are part of a network of leading educational organisations where the British Vietnamese International School has an excellent reputation.
This week I welcomed three professors from the University of Pedagogy here in Ho Chi Minh City. We already have a close professional relationship with Professor Ly Kha who has worked with us since the school opened and is developing our unique Vietnamese phonics programme with us.
On Wednesday she accompanied Professors Thuan and Nga to spend the day observing lessons in Vietnamese Literacy, Lien Ket and Maths.
At the end of the day the professors provided us with detailed, highly positive feedback and I would like to share the main points they made with you as follows:
- BVIS teachers love working with our children and the quality of communication is high
- In every lesson our philosophy could clearly be seen. BVIS children have their Vietnamese Perspective but are clearly learning to be Global Citizens
- Teachers and children work hard at BVIS and the children love their learning
- The way BVIS combines and connects learning across subjects is highly effective
As we come to the end of a busy half term, I would like to thank all the teachers at the British Vietnamese International School for their hard work and congratulate the children for the quality of their learning, as recognised and praised by our visitors this week.
Primary swim squad kits
The Primary swim squad training is well under way and the students are training really hard. Most students have bought their swim squad swim kits and look ready for action. However, if any students have not bought a kit, please do so and order through our uniform shop.
More from Primary school:
- Student Council – Half-term update [Link]
- The benefits of playing card games [Link]