It’s been a long and busy term at the British Vietnamese International School. But what a term! In September, we held one of our best “Book Weeks” ever, in my opinion, and the production last week by Year 2 of “The Snowman at Sunset” was definitely one of our most spectacular and enjoyable.
Back in November we worked very hard to prepare for our CIS (Council of International Schools) accreditation visit when a team of nine spent a whole week in our school evaluating the quality of our provision. We are really looking forward to receiving their written report in the New Year.
As I thanked the Early Years and Primary staff for all their hard work this week, I reflected on the number of events we hold at BVIS and the breadth of the children’s learning experiences. Here is a list of some, not all from this term, which have supported the children’s Vietnamese Perspective and developing Global Citizenship, and which have fostered a wide range of skills:
- Moon Festival celebrations and performances by Year 1 and Year 3 children in September
- A clubs programme lasting 11 weeks with 45 clubs for Primary children and a club for F3 for the very first time
- Fixtures against the other international schools for our Primary basketball and badminton squads
- Walks, trips and visitors in school to enhance the curriculum including the Everest mountaineer Phan Thanh Nhien who visited Year 4 recently and the visit by F2 children this very week to the SOS health clinic to find out about the role of nurses and doctors
- A “Mad Scientist Day” for Early Years children in November
- 4 Sports Mornings in December for EYFS, KS1, Y3/4 and Y5/6
Finally I would like to wish all our BVIS families and friends a very happy festive season. I wish you a safe journey if you are travelling and a restful break from school routines.
BVIS staff will be back at work for two days of training and meetings in January before we open the school again to the children on Wednesday 6th January 2016. Our first week will be “International Week” and you are very welcome to attend our special assembly on Friday 8th January at 13:30 in the Main Hall.