In the Primary School we have had a particular focus upon home/school communication. To remind you, we have developed and currently use these forms of communication about your child’s learning at BVIS:
1. Home/school diaries
2. Weekly news letters about the learning in your child’s year group
Published every week in Year Blogs
3. Hub Articles about school events and developments
Access to BVIS Hub here!
4. Blogs about your child’s year group and learning at BVIS
Year 2 blog
5. Parents Evenings in Terms 1 and 2
6. Written reports towards the start of the year and at the end of the year
7. Coffee Mornings which enable you to learn more about the curriculum and experience how your child learns at school
ICT Coffee Morning
8. Class assemblies – a celebration of learning in the Main Hall. Your child’s class assembly involves the presentation of a unit of learning or an aspect of the curriculum.
Year 4 Production in Assembly
9. Information meetings held at key times in your child’s school life, such as Residential Trips or Transition to the Secondary School.
10. Publications such as the termly “Kaleidoscope” magazine and annual Year Book for an overview of the life of the school
Kaleidoscope Term 1, 2014 – 2015