It is with immense pride and pleasure that I write to inform you of this year’s IGCSE and International A level results. It has been another record breaking year for BVIS. For the third year running we have secured outstanding results at IGCSE and International A Level that far exceed both UK and international averages.
- an amazing 38% of students received at least 5 A*-A grades, with almost half of all grades across the IGCSEs being of this level.
- we had a 100% pass rate at IGCSE
- 90% of students received at least 5 A*-C grades overall;
- 88% of students received at least 5 A*-C grades including English and maths, the standard expected across the world for many careers, and a 6% increase from last year;
At International A level:
- every subject area outperformed A level results in the UK and internationally.
- at AS level, 21% of all grades were an A grade, the highest possible at that level;
- at A Level, 24% of grades were A*-A, higher than UK and international averages this year;
- 69% of all grades were at C grade or above;
These are by far our largest year 11, 12 and 13 cohorts to date, so these percentages are even more impressive.
Even more impressive, an incredible 32% of BVIS graduates are heading off to one of the top 50 universities in the world! An amazing achievement.
I’m sure you will join me in wishing our graduates the very best of luck in the future, as well as in congratulating all of our year 11, 12 and 13 (and even one year 9!) students for their fantastic achievements. I know you will also join me in thanking our incredible staff for all their hard work, support and ambition in getting the very best results for our students.
I will be letting you know more about individual achievements via Facebook and Twitter over the coming weeks, but in the meantime, you can be confident that you are sending your child to one of the best schools not only in Vietnam, but across the world!
Head of Secondary