Welcome back and or welcome to BSB Shunyi for 2016-2017 academic year. On a weekly basis I give a very general email with updates on all the great events/fixtures/results that go on for BSB Sports. It’s a very easy way for staff to highlight the main points to everyone in their forms or simple school wide as well as plan for possible clashes that could appear as the year goes on.
However, for the first year, we are formally launching our Sport Website which should give everyone so much in terms of news, events, results: www.BSBShunyiSport.com
Also please find attached our Updated 2016-2017 Sports Handbook and other Sports Forms (manual registration forms if a student does not have internet access or prefers to do the written way), which gives everything about the program and all of our offerings. These can also be found on:
PLEASE SHARE THE NEWS BELOW WITH YOUR FORMS/CLASSES. FIXTURES AGAINST OTHER SCHOOLS ARE IN BOLD IF APPLICABLE.
All Aquabears Swim Try-Outs and Training Start Dates listed below.
This is what is happening Week 1 in BSB Sport:
First Day of School, No Sport Training Today;
Sports, Music, & Drama Info Evening Tuesday 23rd August @ 6PM starting in the Theatre (Open to all Y3-13 parents & students);
Volleyball: U19/U16 Teams Begin Training (Dome: Boys & Gym: Girls-Late Bus Transport at 1730);
Football: U14/U13/U12 Teams Begin Training (Pitch for all Boys & Girls-Late Bus Transport at 1730);
Baseball: U16/U14 Teams Begin Training (Pitch for all Boys-Late Bus Transport at 1730).
- Week 2 & 3 Sports Starting Dates:
- Tuesday 30th August: U14/U13/U12 Badminton (Boys & Girls: Dome-Late Bus Transport at 1730)
- Tuesday 6th September: U11/U10/U9/U8 Football (Register first in Gym-ASA Bus Transport)
- Wednesday 7th September: U19/U14 Table Tennis (Outside the Gym-ASA Bus Transport)
- Thursday 8th September: U11/U9 Cross Country & U9 Athletics (Register first in Gym-ASA Bus Transport)
- Aquabear try-outs are now OPEN for new and past students to register, any interested students in the swim program should contact/register with Mr. Armstrong at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 29th August: Y3 & 4 Students Only (No Transport)
- Tuesday 30th August: Y5 & 6 Students Only (No Transport)
- Wednesday 31st August: All Secondary Students Only (Late Bus Transport at 1730)
- Monday 5th September: First Formal Day of AquaBears Training to START
If anyone wants pictures from all the events for Sport that happen at BSB (this year [empty at the moment] or past years) please find them at the following link: www.bsbshunyisport.com found under Learning-Sports Activities Hub.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Director of Sport and PE