The British School of Beijing has a proven track record of producing excellent academic results year after year. In standardised testing of students at all levels, we sit well above the UK and global average. Our graduates are accepted into top universities worldwide. But a successful student cannot be judged on exam results alone.
We make it our mission to ensure that all those who participate in our school life leave us as better, more able, more responsible and confident individuals, who uphold our core values of honesty, integrity, excellent manners and respect for others.
We look to celebrate success, and our teachers are always on the look out to catch our student doing something special, whether it be academically or socially. We like informal praise, but we also have formal systems for rewarding our students with our House system and Merit scheme.
Each year The British School of Beijing, Shunyi achieves excellent academic results.
In the 2016/2017 school year:
IB Diploma Results (click the link below for details)
We are very proud of the achievements of our Graduating Class of 2017 because they were the second year group to complete the IB Diploma at BSB
- Our students' average score in the IB Diploma was 34, significantly above the 2017 global average of 30 points.
17% of our students achieved 40 points and above. This is the level of attainment required to gain admission to the world's elite universities, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard and Stanford.
We are delighted to announce that 32% students from our school received Bilingual Diplomas. This is an incredible achievement for these students.
IGCSE Results (click the link below for details)
- 85% of all grades achieved by BSB Shunyi students were A* - C.
- 35% of all grades awarded were A* - A, again significantly above the UK average of 19%.
- Grades A* - B accounted for over two thirds of grades awarded demonstrating a real depth of high performance across all subjects.
- 83% of our students achieved the benchmark figure of 5 A* - C, this compares with 66% in the UK.
Special congratulations to -
- Ivan Palmgren who achieved 9 A* and A grades.
- Veronika Janeckova who achieved 8 A* and A grades.
- Minju Maeng and Lucy Puttock who achieved 7 A* and A grades.
- Rick Cheng, Harshavardhan Haribhaskar, Nicholas Ocampochua, Deborah Zand and Tomris Zand who all achieved 5 A* grades.
2 BSB students have received the High Achievement Award for achieving the highest mark in China in the particular IGCSE subject.
- Paul Vittot - First Language French
- Karoline Woggon - Foreign Language German
- Please click here to read their testimonials
Each year our students receive offers from excellent Universities and Colleges from around the world. Please download document below for details.