learn more about our community
The British International School of Boston uses internationally-respected curricula. We are part of Nord Anglia Education, a learning leader educating more than 30,000 students in 42 schools around the world each year.
A few facts about our Boston private school:
- We are a day school with more than 400 students from around the world. Approximately 60 percent of our students are locals, and 40 percent are international, joining us from a wide variety of countries including England, Spain, Russia, The Netherlands, Brazil, China and many more.
- A total of 78 heritages are represented in our student body, and more than 25 languages are spoken by our families.
- The British International School of Boston serves Toddlers (18 months) through high school (Grade 12) students.
- Our school is located on the border of Boston's popular Jamaica Plain neighborhood and the suburban town of Brookline, very close to Jamaica Pond.
- We offer bus transportation from a number of spots in Boston, Braintree, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Dedham, Milton and Wellesley.
- The school day is 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Early drop-off is available from 7:30 a.m. and our after school care program runs from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Clubs, sports and other competitive activities are also held after school.
- We require a school uniform for students through Year 11. Students in Years 12 and 13 who are working toward the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) have a dress code rather than a uniform.
Learn more about our academics:
- BISB is part of Nord Anglia Education, a network of schools with a distinguished track record of college placement in the United States, Europe and beyond. Year after year, exam results across all our schools demonstrate a commitment to exceptional standards of learning and student outcomes.
- We use a system of internationally respected curricula throughout all year groups at our school.
- Our Toddlers, Preschool and the Lower School use the National Curriculum of England and the International Primary Curriculum.
- Our Middle School uses the National Curriculum of England and the International Middle Years Curriculum.
- Our High School uses the Cambridge IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Completion of our high school programs prepares our students for entry into competitive colleges and universities worldwide.
- During the application process, we assess each prospective student's ability to access the curriculum, including language ability. We offer English-language support for students, but in general only accept children with limited England abilities in the Lower School. In the Middle School and High School, English proficiency requirements are stricter and are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Every child is assessed prior to entry in the school. If we find that your child has gaps in their learning, we can provide extra support. We do not accept children unless we feel confident they will be successful at our school.