There is a big emphasis on singing in our curriculum and we also give students the chance to try a range of other instruments of particular interest to them.
There is a big emphasis on singing in our curriculum and we also give students the chance to try a range of instruments. Everyone in Key Stage 2 can try their hand at the ukelele, African drumming and Orff instruments. In Key Stage 3, they make a start on keyboard skills. Our music rooms and technology suite are well equipped and we have plenty of practice spaces.
Music teachers visit the school each week and many of our students perform in concerts and take instrumental instruments with the Associated Board of the Royal College of Music which take place in May each year at The British International School Budapest. Students also have the opportunity to take part in musical extra-curricular clubs including African drumming, primary and secondary choirs, music technology and various bands.
We have been accepted to join NUMU, a safe online community where students can showcase their music and build up a portfolio of their work. Our label, BISB Music has already ‘signed’ a number of artists so we’re tracking their progress in the school charts with keen interest.
Individual tuition is available for students from Year 2 upwards in piano, violin, drum kit, flute, clarinet, saxophone, recorder, guitar and bass guitar.
Singing lessons are also available for students from Year 5 upwards.
Students have the opportunity to participate in many instrumental concerts throughout the year and also may enter for examinations with the Associated Board of the Royal College of Music www.abrsm.org or Rock School http://rockschool.co.uk/.
If you would like information on how best to choose an instrument for your child, you are welcome to come and talk to us at any time.
Sign up via the website is now closed, for information on instrumental lessons please contact our Head of Music, Mr Jonathan Spinks.
Individual lessons last for 30 minutes, once or twice weekly. Primary school students can take lessons during school time in an agreed slot with the class teacher, or after school. Secondary school students have their lessons at lunchtime or after school.
If you would like your child to have more than one lesson a week, additional lessons may have to take place after school. Should you wish your child to have a lesson longer than 30 minutes then this will also be scheduled after school and at the discretion of the instrumental teacher.
Individual lessons of 30 minutes cost 3000HUF.
We will send you an electronic invoice for each term. You can send payment to the school office or pay the teacher directly
We also have a number of instruments for loan at a charge of 5000HUF per term.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment should be made before the deadline given on the invoice.
- If payment is not received in time then lessons will not begin and we cannot guarantee that your child's place will be kept open.
- You are only charged for the lessons that the teacher teaches. If they are absent or there is an inset day/national holiday then the lesson will either be made up or credited to the next term.
- If a child is absent from a lesson due to short term sickness or holidays we cannot offer any credit or refund.
- Periods of longer absence will be treated sympathetically. Please come and discuss this with the teacher.
- Parents are responsible for informing teachers of any school trips that will affect the music lesson. If the teacher is informed in time then they will make the lesson up at another time. We are unable to make up the lesson if we are not informed of the trip.
- If your child no longer wants to learn, please come and discuss this with us first.