We are delighted that you are considering the British International School of Charlotte for your child. At the British International School of Charlotte we follow an annual school admissions cycle. However, if there are places available outside of this time, we can accept applications throughout the year.
There are four simple stages to our school admissions process, as follows:
1. Visit Our School
Call and arrange a personal tour of the school or you may prefer to join one of our Open Houses, where you will meet the Principal, speak with our teachers and see our students in action.
If you are unable to visit us in person, then we will happily organize a virtual meeting over Skype or by telephone with you and your child.
Please complete the following:
- Fill out an application
- Submit the $150 application fee payment
- Provide school transcripts from current/ previous schools, if done at time of application
- Provide teacher evaluation form (if applicable, these can be downloaded below)
The application fees can be paid online or a check can be mailed to the school.
3. Attend an Assessment Visit
It is important to ensure that we are the right school for your child, and that they are right for us. The assessment visit helps us all to make that decision.
The assessment visit will last either a full day or half day depending on the age of your child. They will meet friends in the class they will join and get to know their teachers. Our teachers will be able to observe your child amongst their peers. During their visit they may be asked to take part in a range of simple assessment tasks so that we can be better informed about their current level of ability.
If the assessment visit is successful, then we will write a letter to formally offer a place at our school. We ask that you complete an enrollment agreement that you must complete and return to us with the relevant deposits by the date indicated to secure your child's school place.
Dates and Deadlines
We accept applications throughout the year depending on space availability in the School. However, to guarantee a place for your child at the start of a new school year (Fall entry) the following application deadlines apply:
- 2017-2018 Application deadline: 27 February 2017
- Assessment visits to be complete by: 7 April 2017
- Offer letters will be mailed by: 24 April 2017
- Offers to be accepted by: 9 May 2017
- Second round applications begin (for remaining school places): 10 May 2017