The parent school partnership is particularly important to the British International School of Charlotte. Here we outline how you can get involved with the school.
There are many ways in which you can get involved with and influence the school through a range of parent school partnership initiatives. These are as follows.
The Parent Volunteer Group
The Parent Volunteer Group is a formal group of parents who support the school through a range of activities and initiatives. This includes running social and community events, and acting as a link between parents and the school, including attending meetings at the school.
The Partnership Advocates Group (PAG) is an alliance of parents and BISC staff. The PAG creates an opportunity for collaborative planning and clear communication between the school’s administration and its community of families and students.
- Bring a wide variety of parental viewpoints to the attention of the group.
- Collect community perspective on a wide variety of issues.
- Facilitate open and honest, two-way communication between the community and administration.
Room Parents exist for every class in the school and are the key parent representative for that class. They help to welcome new families into the class, and provide advice and guidance to those thinking of joining our school.
Community Parents specifically help with our community outreach activities. On a voluntary basis they help to organize community and fundraising events for local projects and initiatives. They act as a key link between the school and the wider Charlotte community.
How Else Can Parents Get Involved?
Even parents without a formal parent school partnership role can play an important active role in the school community. This includes:
- Helping us with welcoming new families to Charlotte and providing advice to them;
- Participating in community and social events;
- Completing parent feedback and sharing your views and comments with us;
- Helping out with in-class activities, such as giving talks to students about your career;
- Helping out with school trips.