Here's the latest progress update on construction at the South Loop campus:
- As can be seen in the exterior building photos, the elevator framing has seen significant progress and glass is being installed for the space as the route for the elevator goes from the ground level to the rooftop space.
- The exterior staircase that will allow people to walk from the ground level to the rooftop space began installation last Thursday and over the next two weeks will continue to meet scheduled planning before heavy snowfall.
- Following review and inspections from the City, the building was granted approval to begin drywalling in the basement of the building. The cafeteria space, music classrooms, design technology classrooms and practice rooms have all seen significant drywall work. This is ongoing and with no issues to date.
- Framing continues to take place on both the first and second floor, with the first floor remaining the priority and it is the hope of the construction team that wall rough-in inspections can take place this coming week for future planning post-framing.
- Concrete has been poured onto the staircase as a first phase of safety planning so people walking the floors have a fixed and solid platform to assist in balance.
- Despite the recent rain and bad weather, roof framing and waterproofing has moved through its necessary phases and is being closely monitored so the schedule is not lost.
- In order to allow for the construction team to continue its work through the colder months ahead, the temporary heaters have been installed in the building and are operational.
- Following up with the security team who are monitoring the space daily after hours and on weekends, there have been no issues or incidents to report.