For details about our general admissions process, please refer to our Early Years (Nursery-Year 1), Primary School (Years 2-6) or Secondary School (Years 7-13) webpages.
International Applicant Requirements
In addition to following the process linked above, international applicants are required to:
1. Contact their embassy/governmental organization to obtain a visa, which BISC does not provide.
2. Notify the BISC Admissions Team of their intent to obtain a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”
To obtain this form, please:
- Indicate on the application that your child is applying as international applicant who will need a Form I-20.
- Submit proof of legal guardianship for the applicant.
- Submit a photo copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Submit financial statements.
- Submit a cost of living budget for the applicant while attending BISC.
- Submit international home address and local Chicago home address.
Once the Admissions Team receives all of your paperwork, including the application, supporting application documents and supporting Form I-20 documents, we will send you a Form I-20. The applicant and applicant’s legal guardian must sign the form and then submit it to your governmental embassy.
Frequently asked questions
What are the admission requirements for international students?
International applicants follow the same process as domestic applicants but must also demonstrate strong proficiency in English, sit for the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) and submit test results, as well as submit academic records translated to English. All international applicants must also provide proof of a parent or legal guardian residing in Cook County.
Do you offer phone or Skype conferences for the parent meeting?
Yes, international applicants and their parents can participate in the parent meeting via Skype or phone conference. When the admissions coordinator contacts you to schedule your Parent Meeting, they will ask you to provide your Skype ID and/or phone number.
Do you offer boarding for international students and families?
At this time BISC does not offer boarding for student or their families. Please note that all international applicants must provide proof of a parent or legal guardian residing in Cook County.
Does BISC work with educational consultants or internal student placements agencies?
Yes, we work with various educational consultants throughout the academic year.