Lighthouse Point Academy (LPA) has been the leading South Florida school program for students with mild specific learning disabilities since 1957. Our program serves student from Grades 3 - 12. LPA is an integral part of North Broward Preparatory School.
The admission process begins with a visit to our school, including a tour. During the visit, families receive a packet containing all required application materials.
You can arrange your tour and campus visit by submitting a Request For Information or by calling Admissions directly at 954-247-0179.
The admission procedure for the Lighthouse Point Academy Lower School (Grades 3-5) and Upper School (Grades 6-12) requires a complete psycho-educational evaluation. The evaluation enables the LPA admission committee to determine the appropriateness of our program for your child.
If a complete psycho-educational assessment has not been completed, please ask us for assistance and a referral. The assessment must include the following detailed subtests:
- Results of a diagnostic interview, which includes cognitive testing and achievement testing.
- Measures of information processing: These instruments should evaluate working memory, short and long term memory, processing speed, auditory processing, and graphomotor skill and automaticity.
- Assessments to rule in or out Attention Deficit Disorder, with scores that reflect both objective and subjective criteria. Examples are: BASC2, Acters, Conners, Gordon Diagnostic and TOVA.
- Results must include a specific diagnosis and actual test scores using standard and percentile scores.
Applicants must also:
- Schedule a personal interview to take place on campus. Parents may arrange to speak with a representative of the faculty or administration while their child is being interviewed.
- Submit an Online Application
- If the Online Application is not submitted, submit the appropriate forms and applications below:
- Lower School Parent Application Form (Offline, Printable)
- Upper School Parent Application Form (Offline, Printable)
- Upper School Student Application Form (Offline, Printable)
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $150.00
- One Head of School Recommendation and one Teacher Recommendation is required for grades 6-12. A principal or assistant principal may complete the Head of School Recommendation Form.
- Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- Provide current academic records. We require copies of report cards, including current mid-year grades and last year’s grades, along with a record of standardized testing for the past year from the current school. A Request for Records Form is provided for your convenience below.
If you have further questions, and have already submitted a Request For More Information, please contact a member of our Admissions Team:
Director of Admission
Jackie Fagan, ext. 303
Assistant Director of Admission
Sandy Goodman, ext. 328
Manager of Admission
Joni Cowan, ext. 350