Reading Cloud and OverDrive both offer extensive resources for our community. Through Reading Cloud, you can enjoy the library catalogue and keep yourself updated with our library. Through OverDrive, you can access, borrow and return ebooks online at any time.
Reading Cloud is a fantastic new online reading community designed to engage students, parents, teachers and librarians in reading for enjoyment.
The Reading Cloud will use the very latest technology to capture the imagination of students, linking real and virtual reading experiences to drive up literacy standards and develop core reading skills.
- Create an online identity (Avatar)
- Search, reserve or download resources across the Reading Cloud
- Recommend resources to other students: Write or video online book reviews
- Chat online with other students about books that interest them
- Work collaboratively within the Reading Cloud community
- Enjoy a wide range of both publisher and author digital media
- Blog about their favourite books and authors
- Develop their literacy skills through all curriculum subjects. Catalogue their own books and resources in "My Home Library"
- Share their Book, Author and Profile "Likes" with the Reading Cloud community
- Access the Reading Cloud through mobile technologies
- View the book choices their child is making
- Enjoy their child's online book reviews
- Enjoy reading and writing challenges with their children
- Access various online resources including eBooks
- Obtain support and resources to develop their own reading ability if required
- Find "Hints & Tips" from experts to support their child's reading progress
CLICK HERE to visit Reading Cloud
The OverDrive collection is an extension of the physical library with 24/7 access to eBooks. It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home, on the weekends or during school breaks with no worry of misplacing a book or running up late fees – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the loan period.
Our digital library can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, second language learners and gifted readers can all benefit from this service, as it;
- Enriches vocabulary and improve comprehension and pronunciation
- Introduces students to books above their reading level
- Teaches critical listening
- Helps busy students find time to read
How does it work?
To use the digital library, students browse our secure custom website, borrow with a library number and enjoy any time, anywhere on a computer, tablet and smartphone.
Whether a student’s interest lies in study guides, classics for required reading or the latest popular young adult fiction, they can find it all in the digital collection through OverDrive.
CLICK HERE to visit OverDrive