The British School of Guangzhou is committed to ensuring students and the greater school community are aware of and endeavour to support organisations that represent underprivileged or disadvantaged groups within society, especially those that represent children.
Here’s what our Charity Committee students have to say:
- "As a school we can raise awareness and give back to people who need our help and care".
- "Charity motivates and inspires me to become a better person by enabling me to help those less fortunate and to reflect on the privileges that I was fortunate to be given from birth".
- "Charity is something that I am very passionate about. Putting myself into someone else’s shoes opens up a new perspective and drives me to help those in need".
- "Charity gives me the opportunity to help less fortunate people around the world in doing so I have gained valuable life skills".
- "Being able to help others is a great thing to do and I feel very blessed. We want to help others who really need our help by spreading joy and putting a smile on their faces".
- "Charity is not just giving to the underprivileged but about raising insight awareness to the whole world".
What we do throughout the year:
At BSG the charity committee work together to organise various fundraising initiatives throughout the year e.g. International Day, bake sales, art projects, charity stalls in support of the schools affiliated charity (nominated by the charity committee).
If you would like to join the school's charity committee please contact email@example.com for more information.