Our private school in Houston was founded in 2000.
We have students from ages 3 to 18. Find out more about the students at our school.
Number of Nationalities
Approximately 45% of our students are British, 7% are American and the rest of our students come from a wide variety of countries including the Netherlands, Oman, Australia, Singapore and Egypt. Find out more about the global community at our school.
We teach students from age 3 to 18. This covers US grades from Pre-K to 12th grade, and UK Early Years to Year 13. Find out more about the different age ranges at our school.
Our innovative 275,000 sq. ft. purpose built campus for 2000 students is located at 2203 North Westgreen Boulevard, Katy, Texas 77449.
The school day is 8:25 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. Early drop-off is available from 8:00 a.m. Clubs, sports, and other competitive activities are also held after school. Find out more about the facilities at our school.
- Students ages 3 to 5 years follow the UK Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Students ages 5 to 11 years follow the English National Curriculum in Numeracy and Literacy alongside the International Primary Curriculum.
- Students ages 12 to 14 years follow the Secondary National Curriculum for England.
- Students ages 14 to 16 years follow pre-IB Diploma courses leading to International GCSE qualifications.
- Students ages 16-18 years can choose from the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, the IB Career-related Certificate and the BTEC Diploma.
- Find out more about the courses offered at our school.
The British International School of Houston is accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP). The year-long accreditation process includes preparation of resources, teacher training and an authorization visit. Each program must include a curriculum and pedagogy, student assessment appropriate to the age range, professional development for teachers and a process of school authorization and evaluation.
The British School of Houston is accredited as a Centre for the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and we offer Cambridge examination courses in IGCSE.
Find out more about Houston's International School.