At The Village School, our students are prepared for responsible, successful 21st century global citizenship. In established partnerships with a wide range of university, industry, and public sector entities, internships provide our high school students with real world experiences in the workplace each summer.
In 2016, our students participated in internships at Texas Children’s Hospital, Methodist Institute for Technology, Innovation and Education, Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation, David Young & Co/Young Intelligence, and Henderson Law Firm.
The Village School’s long-standing commitment to a rigorous academic curriculum challenges its students to be critical thinkers through this highly differentiated and experiential program. With its high intellectual expectations, competitive athletics, fine arts, and comprehensive extracurricular activities, Village delivers the highest-quality, well-rounded academic experience possible. Adding a top-tier competitive internship program serves to heighten The Village School’s hands-on learning philosophy.
How to Apply - Summer Internships
To be considered, please complete the application found here and submit a hard copy along with your resume to: Ken Cohen, Director of Student Internship Programs.
(You can type your responses into the application before printing, saving and submitting).
- This application is open for Village School students only
- These internships are for rising 9th through 12th grade students
- Some internships will require previous coursework
- You may apply for more than one internship opportunity
- You must complete and submit a printed application for each internship you apply for
We are actively negotiating a number of additional internship opportunities. Please check back for updates to this list between now and the week following Spring Break. These opportunities include expected commitments from Exxon/Mobil, Methodist Institute for Technology Innovation and Education (MITIE), Pumps and Pipes, NASA, Fuel Tech and others.
2017 Timeline - 2018 Timeline Coming Soon
- Student applications will open on 3/6 and close on 3/31
- Initial candidate phone interviews will be conducted from 4/17 through 4/28
- Face-to-face interviews will be conducted from 5/1 through 5/12
- Sponsors will announce their decisions by 5/19
- Mutual commitments will be made between sponsors and interns by 5/26
Questions? Contact Us.
For questions regarding The Village School Internship Program, please contact Ken Cohen at email@example.com.
Please find supporting documents below: