Your child will find sport at Regents International School Pattaya to be fun, challenging and competitive. Our students leave school with an excellent understanding of how to lead healthy, active lifestyles and a desire to channel their time and energy into developing new skills, interests and friendships through sport and physical activity. They are encouraged to be competitive, but at the same time have a keen sense of sportsmanship.
The PE Department has five full-time, fully-qualified Sport and Physical Education teachers, two outdoor education specialists, several sports teaching assistants and even an Olympic gymnast! The size and vibrancy of the Department brings the students many benefits:
- The opportunity to learn a wide range of team and individual sports from specialists in their field.
- We are the only school on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand to teach Sport Exercise and Health Science as part of the IB Diploma. Students can also choose to study PE as part of the GCSE course.
- Regular fixtures are held against other international schools in Thailand and elsewhere in South East Asia. Tournaments such as the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA) Games, Phuket International Football Tournament and the Khao Yai International Football & Futsal Tournament are popular features of our calendar
- A wide range of activities for those who don’t want to be especially competitive but simply enjoy taking part, including swim galas, house activities and the annual Sports Day
- The following sports and physical activities are provided at Regents: Basketball | Football (soccer) | Swimming | Athletics | T-ball | Rugby | Cricket | Dodge ball | Soft ball | Volleyball | Horse riding | Cross country | Badminton | Dance | Skateboarding | Tennis and short tennis | Mountain biking | Sailing | Yoga | Kung Fu | Tae Kwon Do | Gymnastics | Golf | Scuba diving | Snorkelling | Trekking | Thai boxing | Triathlon