Thursday 8 Sept 08.45-09.30
EYC Workshops – find out about out Early Years Curriculum and how we use Tapestry. Designed for new parents, but all welcome.
- We had out first swimming session on Friday and it was very successful! Please remember that children need a labelled waterproof bag containing their swimming costume and swim hat and towel. Goggles are optional. Arm bands or other swim aids are not needed.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled with your child’s name. This includes water bottles and snack boxes.
- Please bring in a labelled sun hat. The weather is very hot at the moment and we would like to ensure all children use the outdoor area safely.
- Please remember we are a nut free school and all snacks should be healthy. Thank you for you support with this.
- It would be helpful for the children to have shoes that they are able to remove and put on themselves in school. This will allow the children to become more independent.
- Tapestry On Line Learning Journal: New parents who have given us an email address to use for our Tapestry Learning Journal should have received an email to activate their account and set up a password. Existing parents should continue to use existing email and password and will receive emails when the Learning Journal is updated. Please let class teachers know if you have any difficulties with this.
- Tuesday 6 September 14:45 - 16:30, Second Hand Uniform Sale - The Gallery
OUR LEARNING THEME
Our learning theme will continue to be getting to know each other. Many of the children now know the names of the children in their class.They have been learning the names of their classmates through songs and games. The children have been working with and alongside each other and developing friendships. Next week we will find out more about each other by discussing our likes and dislikes through circle time games and discussions.This will support the children in learning about questions and answers.
PERSONAL SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Last week the children took part in our daily routines. Now that they have some knowledge of what we do each day we would like them to develop a greater understanding of why we do the things we do. Our learning question will be: Why do we wash hands before we eat? We will discuss germs during learning conversations and all children will be encourgaged to take part in a supporting activity to gain an understanding of germs and the importance of hand washing. The activity will involve putting hands into water and glitter and then washing the glitter off.
Wash hands, back and front, between fingers, glitter, germs, clean
COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
On Wednesday evening the Early Years staff got together to support each other in learning Makaton. Makaton is a simple sign language used in conjunction with verbal communication to support children with communication difficulties. Makaton is very common practice in schools in the UK and US. It has been found to significantly increase the confidence of communicators with English as an additional language so we as a team of teachers are very keen to be using it at BISS to support all of the children in the Early Years Cubs. Please see the links below to see Makaton being used in the classroom. Do ask your childs class teacher more about this if you are interested.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
The children have been having a fantastic time mixing sand and water together and observing have the consistencies change. This will be continued next week with the addition of bubble mix. The children will also help to make play dough.
There was a lot of excitement about our first swimming session of the week.Please encourage the children to dress and undress at home with limited support.
Next week in PE the children will take part in movement games and learn to move like animals.
Animal names, stop, go
Deze week gaan we op reis met het vliegtuig. We bouwen de Nederlandse klas om tot een echte luchthaven met incheckbalie, een bagageband en een metaaldetector . Waar gaat de bagage heen? Wat kan je allemaal doen op het vliegtuig? Klik jullie gordels maar vast!
Theme: My Family 我的家人
Songs: My Dear Mum 我的好妈妈 (wo de hao mama)
Stories: I Love My Family 我爱我的家人（wo ai wo de jia ren）
Activities: *Draw a picture of family members
Key words: mother 妈妈 (mama), father 爸爸 (baba), elder sister 姐姐 (jiejie) , elder brother哥哥 (gege), younger brother 弟弟 (didi) ,younger sister 妹妹 (meimei), family members 家人(jiaren)