- Please ensure your child brings a hat to school each day. Outdoor play is an essential part of our children’s day and we need to ensure they are protected from the sun. If you would like sun cream on your child please put it on them before they come to school on a morning.
- We encourage the children to wear their Cubs t-shirt to school every day. This will help to prepare them for wearing the school uniform in Reception next year. Thank you.
- Sports Day: Monday 8 May – Nursery and Reception (9.00am-11.00am) at Secondary sports hall. Children should come to school in jogging bottoms or shorts, Cubs T-shirt and trainers ready to get sporty. All children should come to school with sun cream on already and bring a water bottle, light healthy snacks and a sun hat.
- Early Years transition workshop: Tuesday 23 May from 8.45 – 9:30 in Stage One. We will discuss ways we support the children in school as they move on to a new class and how you can help at home.
- Wedding: We will be learning about wedding celebrations as one of our teachers in Early Years is getting married in July. It would be great if children could bring in a family wedding photo so that we can learn about wedding celebrations around the world.
FOX AND PANTHER CLASSES
Miss Hollins gave a winning performance this week during the very special show of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’. She has inspired the children to take to our classroom stage and retell other stories using props from around the classroom. We will continue this next week, creating our own props and costumes to add to our performances.
Some of the children have taken real ownership over cleaning and tidying the classroom. It is important for the children to do this to become independent and learn to look after their own things. Do you do chores at home? Can you make your own bed? Do you put your own toys away? This is a real focus for us to encourage all children to join in with these jobs.
Weddings will also be a theme over the next few weeks. If you have any pictures of your wedding day, we would love to see them! The children will be getting ready for our ‘real life wedding experience’ by thinking about what each class could create, what materials we need to use and how we make it! This is going to encourage the children to work as a team across the whole unit.
Wedding bride groom bridesmaid usher, play, props, creative, materials, what do you need?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
MEERKAT AND WOLF CLASSES
There has been a strong focus on understanding the world with the children gaining first-hand knowledge of life cycles through watering the garden, observing the tadpoles changing into frogs, the silk worms turning into moths and our live show of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’. We are expecting this focus to continue throughout the season as there are so many changes for the children to observe. Please look for opportunities when you are outside with your child to look at butterflies and flowers and the changes that they can see in nature. We always welcome children bringing in natural materials into school that we can share and talk about in our group sessions.
We will start to talk to the children about weddings and if they have ever been to a wedding. We will make a list of what needs to be done to prepare for a wedding and prepare learning questions for the children such as ‘How do the guests know where to go? ’and ‘What would you wear to a wedding?’and ‘Why do people get married?’ and ’Who attends a wedding?’.
In Maths we have been working on recognising and ordering numbers to ten. We will extend this with some children from ten to twenty.
In the outdoor area the collaborative play has been exceptional. The children have been focused on communal projects using the crates to make houses and transport. We will add extra materials to allow the children to extend this play. If you have any spare blankets or pillows then please donate them to Nursery. We are also looking for containers, pots and pans as the children love using these when exploring the sand and water. If you can donate any of these items they would be greatly appreciated.
Celebration, weddings, bride, groom, bridesmaids, ushers, ring
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Deze week verdiepen we ons in de wereld van van René Margritte . De peuters geven hun kritische mening over enkele van zijn meesterwerken en zoeken naar wat echt is en wat niet. We creëren wonderlijke collages met appels, bolhoeden en drijvende wolken.
echt, niet echt, de bolhoed, de droom, de wens
Since we have Sport’s Day this Monday, we will talk about different sports in Mandarin. We will take children outside to play several games such as basketball, football etc. They will use recycle bottles to make a mini tennis pad. Children can also learn a local kindergarten exercise routine to feel the fun and get their bodies strong as well.
swimming 游泳 (you yong), football 足球 (zu qiu), basketball 篮球 lan qiu), tennis网球(wang qiu)
Stories: The World Is So Beautiful! 世界真美好！(shi jie zhen mei hao)