What a great first term we have had in Reception, all the children have grown and developed so much. The last day of term is Friday 16th Dec. Have a wonderful festive holiday and do email some pictures to your childs teacher to share on our return to school in January.
- The first day of term is Tuesday 10th January .
- Thank you to all the parents who came to our fantastic play ‘Christmas Counts’ - the children were all very excited and were wonderful. Thank you all for supplying costumes to help them look the part too!
- Christmas Lunch: Our school Christmas lunch will be on Wednesday 14th December.
- The Reception Cubs Christmas Class Celebration will be on Wednesday 14th December. Please send your child to school wearing their party clothes.
- Week beginning 27th March is International Week and we will have the International Day Parade during this week. As many of you may be returning home for the Chirstmas vacation we would like to inform you of this upcoming event. This advance notice may give you an opportunity to prepare any clothes from your home country for this special event.
LEARNING THEME: WHAT DO YOU DO AT CHRISTMAS TIME?
We will be encouragingthe children to talk about what they understand about Christmas celebrations and the traditions and customs they have with their families and friends. We will talk about the things they are expecting and hope for and perhaps where they will be travelling to over the holiday.
We will continue to write cards, Christmas Lists and letters to Santa – giving the children real purpose to write to communicate.
Greeting card, to, from, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, love, Dear Santa, letter, list
Writes own name and other things such as labels, captions, lists
Uses some clearly identifiable letters to communicate meaning, representing some sounds correctly and in sequence.
Attempts to write short sentences in meaningful contexts.
EXPRESSIVE ARTS & DESIGN
The Children will be making decorations and a variety of Christmas crafts which allow them to use different tools to join materials. They will be using different collaging materials to achieve planned effects too.
Craft, cut, stick, glue, make, design, fold, join
Manipulate materials to achieve a planned effect.
Construct with a purpose in mind, using a variety of resources.
Use simple tools and techniques competently and appropriately.
The children will be consolidating all they have learned over this term. Using the sounds they have learned to blend and segment words. Reading and writing simple words and captions and having fun playing games with their phonics too.
In Maths we are on the count down to Christmas and will be looking at counting backwards, finding one less than a given number.
Count, one more, one less, back, number
Says the number that is one more or one less than a given number.
THEME: We will continue talking about Christmas.
SONG: Jingle bells 铃儿响叮当 (linger xiang dingdang)
ACTIVITY: Making reindeer or Santa
STORY:不一样的圣诞节 (bu yi yang de shengdan jie)
KEY VOCABULARY: Christmas Santa圣诞老人（shengdan laoren） Reindeer 驯鹿（xunlu） Christmas gift 圣诞礼物（shengdan liwu）
Naar aanleiding van het wintersprookje van Harmen van Straaten `Ik wil voor altijd bij je zijn` dansen we deze week de Nederlandse klas rond verkleed als sneeuwmannen en danseresjes.
We ronden 2016 af met een terugblik naar de hoogtepunten van de voorbije maanden. Samen met kapitein Winokkio rijmen we over het nieuwe jaar.
Wij wensen alle kleuters prettige feestdagen en een welverdiende vakantie toe. Tot in 2017!