Monday 29 August – Meet the Teacher Session at 6.15 – 8.00pm
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. You can find the full uniform list here- http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in your child’s named snack box and water bottle everyday.
- It is very warm outside at the moment. Please send a hat for your child to wear when playing outside.
- P.E and swimming days are on the timetable in your child’s communication book. Please send P.E kit, and swimming kit on the correct day! Please label all items with your child’s name!
- Please can we ask that consent forms are returned signed as soon as possible so we can activate your childs Tapestry Learning Journal and begin sharing some of the exciting learning they are engaging in already.
LEARNING THEME: GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER
We have already spent some time getting to know each other in our new classes. We have had fun seeing old friends from Nursery again and meeting new friends, new teachers and learning new names. We will continue to explore our new learning spaces this week too. We will be thinking about the rules and expectations for behaviour in and out of classes and why this is important for us all.
THE BIG QUESTION: WHO ARE WE?
We will be talking about ourselves and listening carefully to each other. As we learn our new routines and begin to use the different areas in our Reception units we will be asking the children to think carefully about how to make their classroom and learning spaces happy, safe and friendly places to play and learn. We want our young learners to begin to take responsibility for their school and resources as well as taking care of each other too. How can we be friendly and responsible Cubs?
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
We will be encouraging the children to talk about themselves and their families and the things they like and don’t like. They will listen politely to each other and we will support the children to ask questions to find more out about each other too. They will draw a picture of their family and then tell their friends who is in their family.
Talk, listen, take turns, ask a question, family words (mum, dad, sister, brother, grandparents etc)
Listens and responds to ideas expressed by others in conversation or discussion.
Speak to others about own needs, wants, interests and opinions.
Give meaning to the marks they make as they draw, write and paint.
We will play some simple phonics games with the children and work with them individually to assess their current phonic awareness.
We will practise our number knowledge everyday by counting, singing and in practical play activities. We will also think about the people in our family and look at who is the tallest or the shortest, who is taller / shorter than themselves? The children will make a model using cubes to represent their family members and their different heights e.g. “This is my Daddy. He is the tallest.’’
number, count, number words 0 - 20 , tallest, shortest, taller than, shorter than, bigger than, smaller than
Count objects to 10 and beyond.
Order two or three objects by length or height.
De kinderen van groep 1 pakken deze week samen met Jules hun reiskoffer. We lezen het boek `Op reis`van Guido van Genechten, een hartverwarmend boek over samen op reis gaan. Samen met kikker en egel gaan we over de bergen, door een tunnel en op de overzetboot voorbij allerlei mooie landschappen.
We ordenen reisfoto`s op de wereldkaart en blikken terug op de voorbije zomervakantie.
Heeft u leuke vakantiekiekjes van uw kleuter mail deze dan zeker naar email@example.com. Deze bieden mooie ondersteuning bij het bespreken van het begrip ` op reis gaan`.
My Family (我的家人) introducing family members
SONG: I Love My Family (我爱我的家人 )
dad 爸爸（baba）, mummy 妈妈（mama）, big sister姐姐（jiejie）, little sister 妹妹（meimei）, big brother哥哥（gege）, little brother弟弟（didi）