For more information about the routines of your child’s individual class please attend our ‘Meet and Greet’ meeting on Monday 29 August from 6.15-8.00pm. There will be a brief ‘Welcome’, followed by two sessions with class teachers in the classrooms; one at 6.45pm and another at 7.15pm. This will give you the opportunity to meet teachers if you have children in different year groups. It will allow you also to ask any questions and meet other parents of children in your class.
- A warm welcome back to school for all new and existing students. We have had an exciting first week in Year 2 and are looking forward to enabling all the children to thrive and achieve throughout the year.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays. For the first week, homework was optional and entries can be brought in any time before Wednesday 9 September.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP sign-up are available on the school website until 31 August and confirmation letters will follow. Both programmes will begin on Monday 12 September.
In Literacy this week, the children will begin a unit of work on diary writing. Monday morning will begin with a surprise visitor in the playground. The children will have to explore the playground looking for clues before hopefully discovering a strange beast lurking in the bushes! Following this exciting experience, the children will return to the classroom and begin to sequence the morning’s events. During the next session the children will work with a partner to record the events using USB mini-microphones. On the final session of the week, the children will use their recording to write a diary extract about the day a beast came to the playground
Past tense, personal pronouns – I, we, me, next, then, after that, finally
This week, the children will begin by reading and writing numbers in words and numerals up to 100. Following this, the children will learn about the value of each digit in two and three digit numbers. For example 56 is made up of 50 (or 5 tens) and 6 units.
Place value, digits, tens, units, hundreds
THEMED LEARNING AND PSHCE
This week the children will be completing our introductory topic ‘Getting to Know You’. They will be burying a time capsule they have made over the course of the last week with several artifacts and pieces of work writing, maths and art work. This will be hidden and ready to open at the end of the year so the children can see how much progress they have made over the course of the year. The remainder of our Themed Learning lessons will also be given over to PSHCE as the teachers teach the children some new playground games.
Time capsules, artefacts, improvement and development, feelings, emotions
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week the children will be learning how to log-on to a computer and how to use the use the ‘home keys’ to improve their typing speed and accuracy.
Keyboard, home row keys,
While teaching the children playground games the children will discuss their emotions and learn how to recognise “good and bad” emotions.
This week we will focus on setting up classroom routines; knowing the location of Mandarin classrooms; meeting teachers and students through interactive activities.
Mandarin Y2 MNDCN
Juf Cindy staat te popelen om de kinderen opnieuw te verwelkomen in de Nederlandse klas! De schrijfplankjes en de letterdoosjes staan al klaar. De bingokaartjes willen gevuld worden en er staan heel wat nieuwe boeken op de boekenplank.
We lezen het boek `Op reis`van Guido van Genechten, een hartverwarmend boek over samen op reis gaan en bespreken hoe het voelt om op reis te gaan naar nieuwe bestemming. Vind jij reizen spannend, een beetje eng of heel opwindend?
Heeft u leuke vakantiefoto`s van uw kind mail deze dan zeker naar firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ordenen reisfoto`s op de wereldkaart en blikken terug op de voorbije zomervakantie.