Wednesday 7 Sept 08.45-09.30
‘Literacy and Maths’ workshop – find out about the school’s approach in Key Stage 1. Designed for new parents, but all welcome.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP programmes will begin on Monday 12 September.
- Tuesday 6 September 14:45 - 16:30, Second Hand Uniform Sale - The Gallery
In Literacy this week, the children will be continuing to learn about how to write a diary using the past tense. They will begin the week by looking at the book called My Best Day. At the end of the week the children will be given the opportunity to write their own diary about something exciting that happened to them over the past week. Each child will act out their ‘best day’ to help them to write indepdently.
Past tense, personal pronouns – I, we, me, next, then, after that, finally
The children will continue to learn about the value of each digit in two and three digit numbers. For example 56 is made up of 50 (or 5 tens) and 6 units. Last week the children used place value arrow cards to help them to understand this concept. While this week the children will be using tens and ones cubes to make the number practically and then pictorially but drawing their own visual representation of two-digit numbers.
Place value, digits, tens, units, hundreds
This week the children will be begin their first main topic of the year entlitled Buildings and Structures. We will begin this topic with a launch day on Monday, the children will complete a series of lessons designed to foster engangement and excitement about our new topic. The activites will include building shelters, designing their own town of the future and building a tower out of limited resources. We will then begin our study into the famous architect Laslo Hudec, who designed many of the iconic buildings in Shanghai.
Buildings, time line, past, history, events, famous
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week the children will be learning how to log-on to a computer and how to use the use the ‘home keys’ to improve their typing speed and accuracy.
Keyboard, home row keys,
While teaching the children playground games the children will discuss their emotions and learn how to recognise “good and bad” emotions.
Mandarin Y2 C1
This week students will learn the numbers from 41 to 100 and number songs. There will be an introduction for Chinese phonetics (a/o/ e) and tones.
Homework: The students need to finish the worksheet on the topic of numbers and review the characters of numbers.
Mandarin Y2 C2
This week children will be learning a greeting song and learn to read the characters “你ni/you、好hao/good、早zao/morning”.
Homework: Finish the worksheet on the topic of Greeting.
Mandarin Y2 C3
Topic: Lesson 1. Nature
This week students will be able to say ‘star, moon, tree, cloud, and mountain’.
Homework: Chant the poem on page 3.
Mandarin Y2 MND02CN
Deze week gaan we op reis met het vliegtuig. We bouwen de Nederlandse klas om tot een echte luchthaven met incheckbalie, een bagageband en een metaaldetector .
Vergeet jullie instapkaart en jullie paspoort niet! Kan jij je voornaam, familienaam en leeftijd invullen? De kinderen van groep 3 overlopen de veiligheidsmaatregelen en ontwerpen een instructiekaart voor onze passagiers. Luchtvaartmaatschappij SDS wenst jullie een veilige, aangename vlucht!
Deze week spellen we in lucht met allerlei lucht-woorden die eindigen op –cht!