- Year 3 are holding sports fun afternoons on Monday 26th June, Tuesday 27th June and Wednesday 28th June (weather permitting). The children will have an opportunity to compete against teams from the other Year 3 classes in a variety of team sports. Can children please bring in their usual PE kit on each of these days.
- Now the weather is getting warmer, please could you encourage your child to bring in a hat and also a water bottle so that they remain well hydrated during the day.
- Please label all school uniform, snack boxes and water bottles to avoid items getting lost in school.
- Lost Property - Our lost property cupboard is full to over flowing. Next week on Tuesday and Wednesday items from the cupboard will be laid out on tables in the front playground. Please encourage your child to see if they recognise any clothes or objects; if you can please come yourself to check claim items. We will be re-cycling anything unclaimed over the summer break. Thank you for your support.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for a successful year. Many thanks for your continued support. We would like to wish everyone an enjoyable summer and look forward to welcoming you back for the new academic year on Wednesday 16 August 2017. For those of you who are moving on, we wish you all the best in the future and good luck with your relocation plans.
- Dates for your diary:
Thursday 29th June - Last day of term
In Literacy this week, we will be giving the children in Year 3 an opportunity to write freely, drawing on everything that they have been taught across the year. They will be provided with a motivating starting point and the children will htne be able to write whatever they wish. Children never become independent readers until they choose what to read, developing their own taste for different authors and styles; in the same way, children are not writers until they make their own choices about what to write. Our inspiration will be a shipwreak and the idea of being STRANDED on a desert island!
Adjective, adverb, alliteration, onomatopoeia, personification, similie
The children will be finishing their unit on time. They will consolidate and extend their knowledge of how to tell and write the time from an analogue clock, reading them with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute. The children will also record and compare time in terms of seconds, minutes, hours and o’clock, as well as compare durations of events, for example to calculate the time taken by particular events or tasks. They will finally build on their knowledge of the number of seconds in a minute and the number of days in each month, year and leap year.
Time, o’clock, half past, quarter past, quarter to, past, to, analogue, digital, nearest, duration, minute, hour, day, year
This week we will be completing our WeDo Lego computer programming unit. The challenge that we have set the children requires them to use their understanding of levers, gears and pulleys to design their own moving mechanism based on Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.
plan, program, instructions, pulley, lever, gear, code, algorithm, block, puzzle, loop, sequence, program, debugging
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
In Computing we will be continuing our last unit of coding, using code.org. The children will begin with offline activities designed to help them to understand the concepts of sequencing in algorithms. They will progress on to using a simplified version of Python to complete more and more complicated challenges, building their understanding and use of computer programming.
Code, algorithm, block, puzzle, loop, sequence, program, debugging
We look forward to them sharing with each other, the challenges they faced, how they overcame them and their proudest moments.
Challenge, problem, overcome
Mandarin Y3 C1
We will be talking about our summer holiday plans.
Mandarin Y3 C2/C3
We will have end-of-year language activities.
Mandarin Y3 CN
In het wild
Deze week nemen we onze vlog op in de green screen room. De leerlingen van Y5 en 6 nemen het filmpje op met hun eigen iPad. Leerlingen van Y3 en 4 werken met de iPad van juf Chris. De filmpjes worden met de ouders gedeeld.
Als u de resultaten van de laatste Cito-toetsen nog niet heeft ontvangen, geven we ze maandag mee.
De leerlingen die ons helaas gaan verlaten, ontvangen van SDS een onderwijskundig rapport. Hierin staan o.a. de uitslagen op de toetsen vermeld, evenals een uitgebreide persoonlijk commentaar.
Geniet van een welverdiende vakantie!
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
Next week the children will be preparing a project about the a topic that they have learned this year, researching it in more depth and creating a short presentation to share with the class. For example, a famous Spanish artist, food and drink, weather, etc. We will also be playing some fun end of year Spanish games!
Homework this week is to complete the Salvador Dali pictures and fact-files.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Martinez
Next week we will use the Spanish knowledge gained this year to prepare short plays in groups, which we will then act out to the rest of the class.
Year 3 / 4 French – Ms De Borger
Next week we will reflect on our first year of learning French. We will look back at some of our work and share some of our favourite moments of the past year.
This week’s homework will be writing down your favourite moments or activities of this year’s French classes in your work book.
Bonnes vacances et au revoir!
Year 3/ 4 Native French: M. Valente
La semaine prochaine, nous jouerons au scrabble en français.
Year 3/ 4 Native German: Ms Brannasch
Die Kinder bekamen ihre Hefte mit den Testergebnissen zurück, verbrachten eine gemütliche Leserunde in der Bibliothek und spielten Tabu.
Year 3/ 4 Native Spanish: Ms Garcia
La semana próxima jugaremos a distintos juegos lingüísticos para revisar la materia de este curso. ¡Disfrutad de las vacaciones!